Crown Princess at sea enroute to San Juan

Old September 4th, 2006, 02:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Default Crown Princess at sea enroute to San Juan

Gregory C. Read wrote:

I'm anxious to hear all the pros and cons of the Crown Princess. Will be
on her in 24 days.

How is the pier in Brooklyn?
Did you drive or what?
Is it better to drive and park or get a ride?
How early did they embark?
How was disembarkation?

We drove to the pier and parked and it was a very good experience.
Getting to the pier was very easy and if you want good directions
don't ask Sheree or use mapquest.lol If you need directions let me
know and I can email them to you, right now they are still in the car.
There was a little bit of a back up getting to the pier about 11ish
AM, but it wasn't bad. The only problem was no signs telling us where
to drop our luggage off, so we just pulled over and asked. The check
in was very, very quick and efficient and our cabin were already
available for us.

At disembarkation we were "purple 3", Baja Deck and didn't get called
to disembark untill around 10:30, but we were in our car and leaving
the terminal by 11AM. Once you gather up your luggage, there is a line
to get a porter and it worked very well. We got a gem of a porter who
took us through customs, then suggested we stop and pay for the
parking at a machine we were passing. Then he took us to our car and
put all our luggage in our car, which got him a very nice tip. He did
say that not all porters will take you to your car and that those who
didn't were just being lazy.

I think it is the easiest to drive and park at the pier.

I will have lots more comments once my house stops rocking and I get
caught up with real life. Also I think Kevin is planning on writing a
review and I will post it for him.

sue
Old September 4th, 2006, 02:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Now don't go telling secrest(grin).

sue

sheree wrote:
he's been nicknamed the destroyer by the cruise staff!
sheree

"Tom K" wrote in message

Keep Charles out of trouble!!! VBG

Glad everything's going well.

--Tom

"Jean" wrote in message
roups.com...

Having a great time..the ship is absolutley beautiful but TOO darn big!
I feel sorry for Sheree and family having to make the long trek to the
dining room and buffet since they are in a forward suite. We are just
two decks above the dining room with an easy walk down. The buffet is a
five deck elevator ride directly above us too! Our stern balcony is
wonderful with a mid-wake view. Tables and chairs are made of a wire
mesh material..Something new and different ...for us anyway.

Bermuda was a lovely day and Horseshoe Bay was beautiful...did not seem
as hot as other visits there.

I know that Steve from FLL asked about whether we had problems bringing
on gels, creams and toothpaste on board the ship...As I told Ermalee,
absolutlely no problem...We had been in NYC for three days, doing the
town, during which I completely repacked our suitcases, taking out the
gels, creams, liquid make up, toothpaste and put them all in the
carry-on bags. We did not carry on any water bottles so I can't answer
about the water.

We are having a blast playing Trivia with Charles, Jeff, Sheree, Mike,
our son Mike and Ed.
We won the first Trivia and got Princess bag tags. Sure missed Barb &
Tobie!

Seas have been very smooth and we are keeping an eye on the new storm
in the Caribbean.
We had rain during the middle of the night the first night at sea, but
were not aware of it until we went out on deck the following
morning..Otherwise the weather has been made to order!

--Jean

Old September 4th, 2006, 03:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Cal Ford wrote:

Make some note on how the Dining Experience is working out. Curious to see if
they have learned how to serve consistantly food in those huge dinning rooms.

Hi Cal,

The dining room experience was very good and of course those of us on
first seating had the two best tables on the ship(grin).

The food was good and the service was excellant. Kevin is a diabetic
and they took excellant care of him, a much better experience then
when I cruised with food allergies years ago. One night Kevin saw a
pasta dish he liked, but he can't eat pasta, so George, our waiter
brought him the pasta dish without the pasta. Just the sauce and
veggies that were part of it.

Every night there was a sugar free dessert on the menu and always
available was sugar free ice cream and berries.

sue

Old September 4th, 2006, 03:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_5_]

Charles is a troublemaker, lol! But I won't tell the story!

Jeff

Old September 4th, 2006, 03:26 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Jeff wrote:

Charles is a troublemaker, lol! But I won't tell the story!

Tom K should of warned us about Charles.lol

Glad to see you got home ok, we had a great time meeting you!!

sue - and Kevin even though he is watching a movie now.lol

Old September 4th, 2006, 03:43 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Tom K wrote:

You should see Charles with the Vikings.

NO COMMENT.......LOL

sue
Old September 4th, 2006, 05:26 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_5_]

Tom K wrote:
You should see Charles with the Vikings.

--Tom

Well the Vikings were known for their mayhem and destruction...so I can
see how Charles might fit in there! lol.

Jeff
Old September 4th, 2006, 02:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Jeff wrote:
Tom K wrote:

You should see Charles with the Vikings.

--Tom

Well the Vikings were known for their mayhem and destruction...so I can
see how Charles might fit in there! lol.

Destruction for sure.LOL

sue
Old September 4th, 2006, 02:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Jeff" wrote in message

Well the Vikings were known for their mayhem and destruction...

That's why we have to switch to a different ship each year. A few times
we've even had to switch cruise lines.

--Tom