Celebrity Cruises Cancels One Alaska Cruise!

Old September 1st, 2004, 11:09 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Celebrity Cruises Cancels One Alaska Cruise!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Celebrity and thought it would be
of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Celebrity Cruises Cancels One Alaska Cruise

MIAMI, Sept. 1
Celebrity Cruises is canceling its September 10 sailing on Summit to
replace a radial-bearing unit that is showing premature wear in the
ship's starboard propulsion system. The replacement must be made in
drydock, so the ship will enter San Francisco Drydock shipyard on
September 12 to make the repairs. The canceled cruise is a
seven-night, round-trip Alaska sailing departing from Vancouver. The
ship is expected to resume service September 20.

"I am truly sorry for the disruption this canceled cruise will cause
our guests," said Jack Williams, president and chief operating officer
of Celebrity Cruises. "Regrettably, it is important that we replace
this unit in a timely manner. We will work closely with our travel
agency partners to provide our guests with the best possible
alternative plans."

Guests booked on the September 10 sailing will receive a full refund
for their cruise, plus a free future Celebrity cruise, in North
America, of up to seven nights, departing on or before December 31,
2005, excluding holiday sailings. Travel agents will receive their
full commission for the September 10 cruise, plus a $50 re-booking
fee, per stateroom, when their clients reschedule their cruise.

Celebrity has established a special Help Desk to assist guests and
travel agents with reaccommodations. The Help Desk number is
1-877-200-2897.

Summit is operating safely, merely with its speed reduced from 23 to
18 knots. Summit's current sailing, a seven-night Alaska cruise from
Vancouver to Seward, which concludes on September 3, will not be
impacted by the bearing issue.

The ship's seven-night September 3 sailing, from Seward to Vancouver,
will make minor adjustments to two port calls.

Summit's September 17 sailing, a 14-night Alaska and West Coast
cruise, departing Vancouver and concluding in San Diego, will be
delayed three days and depart on September 20. Celebrity will contact
each guest booked on that cruise to rearrange their embarkation in
Vancouver and provide further details.

The canceled cruise and modified cruise itinerary are expected to
negatively impact Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.'s third-quarter
earnings by approximately $.03 per share.

The industry's highest-rated premium cruise line with a taste of
luxury, Celebrity Cruises' 10-ship fleet is the youngest of any major
line. Celebrity sails in the Arctic, Antarctic, Alaska, Bermuda,
California, the Caribbean, Europe, the Galapagos Islands, Hawaii, the
Mexican Riviera, the Panama Canal and South America. For more
information, call your travel agent.

Old September 5th, 2004, 05:14 AM
Thomas Smith

What the heck is wrong with all these engine problems in the Millennium
class on Celebrity? It seems like every time I turn around there is a
problem with the Millennium/Summit/Infinity/Constellation.

Tom Smith

Old September 5th, 2004, 05:47 AM
Tom & Linda

What's wrong is that Royal Caribbean Management bought French made azipods
for the Celebrity Millie class ships, and the units are VERY problematic.

--Tom