Weather on the Atlantic last week?

Old December 18th, 2009, 02:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Default Weather on the Atlantic last week?

"Gettamulla Tupya" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:50:38 -0500, "Tom K"
wrote:

Many ship do crossings, but all of them (except for one) weren't
"designed"
for it... only the QM2 was designed for it. That's the one we went on.
If
I do another Transatlantic, she'll be the on I'll be on again. He hull
was
designed for rough seas, not just the calm seas of the Caribbean.

QM2 is an ocean liner. Others are merely cruise ships.

EXACTLY.

Old December 18th, 2009, 02:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Tom K
wrote:

I got bye with a black suit and a sport jacket.

You wore a tuxedo on the crossing. Some did wear a dark suit. Still
have to dress up every evening.

--
Charles

Oops... forgot. I know I brought Jonathan's tux (he doesn't have a black
suit) but I though I just had my black suit. Memory loss...

Old December 18th, 2009, 03:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Warren[_1_]

On Dec 18, 9:39*am, "Tom K" wrote:

It might be true you don't need it, but if there were rough seas, I'd WANT
it. *

Last month while on Navigator of the Seas' transatlantic there was a
night and day of rough seas and one night mid-Atlantic when we sailed
through a significant storm. The night and day of rough seas was off
the coast of Africa sailing toward Madeira, the first port of call.
I've had much worse days at sea on QE2.

The night we hit the storm mid-Atlantic the captain needed to turn the
ship in to the wind since the ship was heaving over from the sudden
pressure. The storm lasted about 2 hours and the ship resumed course.
You could see the course correction on the TV channel showing the
ships progress.

There was enough time built in to the itinerary and the captain said
he had plenty cushion to make the schedule and then some. We docked
right on time. Instead of the original 18 knots average speed the
captain originally predicted, he kicked it up to a whopping 20 for a
couple of days. He then slowed it back down to 19, then 18. Obviously
at these speeds there was plenty of time built in.

QM2's tighter schedule requires her speed and power.

Warren
Old December 18th, 2009, 04:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosaly Z. Greenberger[_2_]

Gettamulla Tupya wrote:
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:50:38 -0500, "Tom K" wrote:

Many ship do crossings, but all of them (except for one) weren't "designed"
for it... only the QM2 was designed for it. That's the one we went on. If
I do another Transatlantic, she'll be the on I'll be on again. He hull was
designed for rough seas, not just the calm seas of the Caribbean.

QM2 is an ocean liner. Others are merely cruise ships.

On last March transatlantic crossing on the Regatta, we had
5 days of turbulence and even the Captain said he had never
experienced that before. We all survived and since I use a walker, it
kept me stable. royals
Old December 22nd, 2009, 08:43 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

sherlock1 wrote On 12/17/2009 11:18 PM:
It is called Winter on the North Atlantic.

I you want to stay in a place that does not move, stay on land.

Just make sure that land is not made up of coastal beach sand. A
Northeaster in Sea Bright, NJ gives new meaning to Carole King's song "I
feel the earth move.".

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

View My Web Pages: http://home.earthlink.net/~brian1951
My Shutterfly Page http://photosbybrianmk.shutterfly.com/
Old December 23rd, 2009, 08:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Samuel Luter

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 14:48:14 GMT, Tom K wrote:

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Tom K
wrote:

I got bye with a black suit and a sport jacket.

You wore a tuxedo on the crossing. Some did wear a dark suit.
Still have to dress up every evening.

--
Charles

Oops... forgot. I know I brought Jonathan's tux (he doesn't have
a black suit) but I though I just had my black suit. Memory
loss...

Losless memory is good but not at Camp. Er, you know I forgot