Antarctica

Old October 19th, 2003, 01:32 PM
Harvey & Myrna

Default Antarctica

I am taking my first trip to South America and will be going to the Southern
tip of Chili. We are thinking of taking a brief 12 hour flight/visit to
King George Island in Antarctica. This will be in mid November. If anyone
has had any experience with this kind of side trip I would appreciate any
opinions as to whether it is worthwhile and what your experiences may have
been. Thank you. Harvey

Old October 19th, 2003, 02:55 PM
June

As far as I know there is no brief 12 hour visit to King George Island. All
the trips to Antarctica from S America (mainly Ushuaia, Argentina) are by
boat.
I went to Antarctica two years ago. The shortest trip takes 9 days. Four
days to and from Antarctica and five days in various places there (that may
include King George Island).

For your reference, the 9 days trip cost me US$1600.

Let me know if u need any more info.

"Harvey & Myrna" ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D

Old October 19th, 2003, 06:02 PM
Till Kinstler

June wrote:

As far as I know there is no brief 12 hour visit to King George Island. All
the trips to Antarctica from S America (mainly Ushuaia, Argentina) are by
boat.

http://www.dap.cl operates charter flights from Punta Arenas with
one and two day itineraries.

Till

--
Till Kinstler
http://www.phil.uni-sb.de/~till/
Old October 19th, 2003, 09:34 PM
Brian K

On 10/19/2003 1:02 PM Till Kinstler while directing tourists to the Zazu
Pits, was inclined to say:

June wrote:

As far as I know there is no brief 12 hour visit to King George Island. All
the trips to Antarctica from S America (mainly Ushuaia, Argentina) are by
boat.

http://www.dap.cl operates charter flights from Punta Arenas with
one and two day itineraries.

Till

Holland America Lines also offers a South America and Antarctica
cruise. That may not be what the O.P. is looking for, but I thought I'd
mention it as an option for others.

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old November 14th, 2003, 02:59 PM
wim vanhengel

We are planning a longer stay in south am.
At a certain point we want to vissit Antartica too. So Im very inter. in info.
Read in the south am. Footprint there is a poss. to go by Chilian navy boats.
This should be cheaper than the cruisse option.
As i said, all info welcom.
Wim