Buying Liquor in Mexico

Old October 12th, 2003, 01:41 AM
Sir Patrick

Default Buying Liquor in Mexico

Are there deals in Mexico in the Western Carr,?

Old October 12th, 2003, 01:51 AM
Joe Bagodonuts

Sir Patrick wrote:
Are there deals in Mexico in the Western Carr,?

Kahlua is about $7.50 - $7.75 a bottle

Old October 12th, 2003, 05:51 AM
Linda Coffman

"Sir Patrick" wrote in message ...
Are there deals in Mexico in the Western Carr,?

Liquor was cheaper in Cozumel than on our ship a couple weeks ago... it
really depends on what you are buying, though.

Linda
CruiseDiva.com
http://cruisediva.com

Old October 12th, 2003, 10:54 AM
RICK DAVIS

About a year ago a buddy of mine asked me to get him a bottle of
this special scotch (don't recall the name - I don't drink it). This
scotch was over $180 per bottle here in the states. I found it in Coz.
for $35. So yes there are really good deals to be had.

Old October 13th, 2003, 12:56 AM
Surfer E2468

Last time we bought kaluha in mexico{puerta vallerta} it was $11.00 a
bottle

Old October 13th, 2003, 01:30 AM
Joe Bagodonuts

The poster was inquiring about western Caribbean. Puerto Vallarta is on
the Pacific coast. Kahlua costs less in Cozumel because:
1) tax exemptions granted by the Quintana Roo Mercantile Compact
2) Cozumel is at least one time zone ahead of Puerto Vallarta, thereby
allowing merchants more time to hide from the tax collectors before the
sun sets each day
3) The Kahluha sold in Cozumel is a special blend sold nowhere else in
the world except Mulberry Street in lower Manhattan
4) The $11.00 you paid was in silver certificates. If you had offered
to pay with Federal Reserve Notes the price would have been
significantly lower

Old October 13th, 2003, 05:12 PM

This doesn't help much without knowing the size of the bottle!

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, Surfer E2468 wrote:

Last time we bought kaluha in mexico{puerta vallerta} it was $11.00 a
bottle

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Katherine Becker "As god is my witness
I thought turkeys could fly"
NEVER SEND A FERRET TO DO A WEASEL's JOB --WKRP

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old October 15th, 2003, 12:47 AM
joyce1155

Just came back from Cozumel(Enchantment)and was happy to pay $12 per liter for
Dewars scotch at a liquor store right at the pier.( ship price $16 per liter
,. Kahula was 2/$15 (a special) at the pier.

Old October 16th, 2003, 02:04 AM
Surfer E2468

Katherine:
The size of the bottleof KALUHA was 1 liter
Surfer2468