The Salisbury Hotel, New York City

Old November 30th, 2005, 11:29 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,nyc.general

Default The Salisbury Hotel, New York City

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anybody has stayed at The Salisbury Hotel (123 West
57th Street, NY 10019) in New York City?. I would be grateful for
anybody on this newsgroup who could give a review of previous stays at
this hotel or who is able to answer any of the following questions.

1) The Salisbury Hotel NYC website (http://www.nycsalisbury.com) says
it is located near Fifth Avenue and Broadway. How long would it take
roughly to reach those places by foot?.

2) What is the nearest subway stop to the hotel?.

3) Do many subway trains run from Yankee Stadium to the subway stop
nearest the hotel after night games and what is the route that i would
need to take?.

4) Is there always somebody on the front desk if i was to arrive back
late at my hotel?

Many Thanks,

Martin Peakall.

Old December 1st, 2005, 01:15 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,nyc.general

wrote:
[...]

Why not direct your questions to the hotel

--

Seinfeld Lists
http://wave.prohosting.com/tnguym

LOST - ScreenSnaps & Sawyer's Nicknames
http://tinyurl.com/a2r2r
Old December 1st, 2005, 03:19 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,nyc.general

Martin Peakall:
I was wondering if anybody has stayed at The Salisbury Hotel (123 West
57th Street, NY 10019) in New York City?. I would be grateful for
anybody on this newsgroup who could give a review of previous stays at
this hotel or who is able to answer any of the following questions.

I don't know the hotel, but it would be very close to Carnegie Hall,
which any decent map of the city will show.

1) The Salisbury Hotel NYC website (http://www.nycsalisbury.com) says
it is located near Fifth Avenue and Broadway. How long would it take
roughly to reach those places by foot?.

These are long streets, not places. The nearest point on Fifth Avenue
to the hotel -- which happens to be Tiffany's -- would be 10 minutes'
walk or less. The nearest point on Broadway, 3 minutes; 10 minutes or
so to walk down to Times Square.

2) What is the nearest subway stop to the hotel?.

57th Street and 7th Avenue. This is on the Broadway line, which in
this area follows Seventh Avenue, *not* Broadway. Served by N, Q, R,
and W trains.

But there are two other stations near enough to be useful. There's
another 57th Street station on 6th Avenue (a.k.a. "Avenue of the
Americas"), served by F trains. More important is "59th Street -
Columbus Circle" station, at the southwest corner of Central Park.
This is served not only by 1 trains on the 7th Avenue - Broadway line
(here running under Broadway), but also by A, B, C, and D trains on
the 8th Avenue Line.

3) Do many subway trains run from Yankee Stadium to the subway stop
nearest the hotel after night games and what is the route that i would
need to take?.

"161st Street - Yankee Stadium" station is on two lines, one served
by B and D trains and other by 4 trains, which run onto the Lexington
Avenue Line in Manhattan. If you take the D train you can get to 59th
Street - Columbus Circle without having to change, and it's an express
too, so I think that'd be your best route. (Note that in the other
direction, during the evening rush hour D trains skip this station,
so if you're going there before before about 7 pm you would need to
take a B train, which is local.)

Your alternative is to take the 4 train (this is also an express)
to 59th Street station on the Lexington Avenue line, then change to
an N train to get to 57th Street and 7th Avenue.

4) Is there always somebody on the front desk if i was to arrive back
late at my hotel?

Don't know, but I'm sure you won't be locked out of the building.
--
Mark Brader "Outside of nearly having two head-on collisions,
we found driving in England to be fairly easy."

Old December 1st, 2005, 04:47 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,nyc.general

oups.com...

Visit www.tripadvisor.com

Old December 4th, 2005, 08:10 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,nyc.general

Stephen Clark wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anybody has stayed at The Salisbury Hotel (123 West
57th Street, NY 10019) in New York City?. I would be grateful for
anybody on this newsgroup who could give a review of previous stays at
this hotel

I stayed at this hotel several years ago. It was very nice and
convenient but very pricey. There was a problem with the reservation at
check-in, but the front desk quickly and politely got it settled. I
have since stayed at the Excelsior and the Milburn, both a little north
of the Salisbury but in my opinion even better located and much better
values for the money--very comfortable but not so plush as the
Salisbury. Both have received some negative reviews posted on
tripadvisor.com but also many positive reviews. I'd happily stay at
either again but wouldn't choose the Salisbury unless someone else was
footing the bill.(But if a footman in a top hat sounds appealing,
choose the Salisbury.)