Trip to Germany

Old October 7th, 2007, 08:32 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jens Arne Maennig[_5_]

Default Trip to Germany

Erick T. Barkhuis wrote:
But you do agree that Bavarians and Austrians are quite weird,
compared to normal, real Germans, don't you?

What would be "normal, real Germans"? Saxonians? Frisians? Swabians?

Jens

Old October 7th, 2007, 09:26 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erick T. Barkhuis

Jens Arne Maennig:
Erick T. Barkhuis wrote:
But you do agree that Bavarians and Austrians are quite weird,
compared to normal, real Germans, don't you?

What would be "normal, real Germans"? Saxonians? Frisians? Swabians?

Yes, yes and yes (although I'm in doubt about Frisians).
You didn't miss my bunch of smilies, did you?

Old October 7th, 2007, 06:27 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Republicans Hate America

On 10/6/2007 5:46 AM Cathy L whined:

On 5 Oct 2007 18:38:58 GMT, Jens Arne Maennig
wrote:

Cathy L wrote:
We had a really nice lunch at the
LedererBrewery in Nurenburg.

..berg, sweetheart, no matter if its Nürn... or Nurem...

Je"did I repeat myself?"ns

Gee, if it's berg or burg, I'm sure you figured out what town I was
talking about.

I figured out that you don't respect the culture enough to get the
spelling right. Typical arrogant, ignorant Republican-voting Merkin.
Old October 7th, 2007, 08:37 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Pat[_6_]

Cathy L wrote:
We had a really nice lunch at the
LedererBrewery in Nurenburg.
..berg, sweetheart, no matter if its Nürn... or Nurem...

Je"did I repeat myself?"ns

Gee, if it's berg or burg, I'm sure you figured out what town I was
talking about.

I figured out that you don't respect the culture enough to get the
spelling right. Typical arrogant, ignorant Republican-voting Merkin.

Oh cripes, give it a rest! This is a travel newsgroup, not a political one.
Cathy, the ending "berg" or "burg" mean different things. It's not just a
spelling difference. Look into it and you'll never make that mistake again.

Hate-filled guy: grow up!

Lord knows Cathy posts enough stuff that make me cringe as to her ignorance
without saying she's arrogant, etc.

And Cathy, while you're at it, do some research into that Greek dance and
find out why the men wear those costumes. Educate yourself.

Pat in TX

Old October 7th, 2007, 09:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
erilar

In article ,
Jens Arne Maennig wrote:

Erick T. Barkhuis wrote:
But you do agree that Bavarians and Austrians are quite weird,
compared to normal, real Germans, don't you?

What would be "normal, real Germans"? Saxonians? Frisians? Swabians?

Jens

Schwaben are a bit distinctive, too 8-) I like that area 8-)

--
Mary, biblioholic

bib-li-o-hol-ism : the habitual longing to purchase, read, store,
admire, and consume books in excess.

http://www.chibardun.net/~erilarlo
Old October 8th, 2007, 01:53 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Carole Allen[_1_]

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 23:28:08 -0500, "Gregory Morrow"
wrote:
What does did she think about the vineyards in Germany, especially the
grapes...???

--

We never saw a link to the pics from the European Grand Tour, did
we??? (Was that only last year??)

Old October 8th, 2007, 01:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Carole Allen[_1_]

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 07:35:14 -0400, Fishkill Bill
wrote:
We really did like the Neuschwanstein castle. We have an annual pass
to Disney World. We went there almost every day this past January,
February and into March. They do look a lot alike.

You fly down from the NE US regularly? Cathy said you guys lived in
the NE - NY, NJ? That's real dedication to M. Mouse and cohorts.
Old October 8th, 2007, 01:59 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Carole Allen[_1_]

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 15:59:28 +0200, Martin wrote:
Are you going to show us your holiday photos?

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 13:17:04 -0400, Cathy L
wrote:
Why do you want to see our vacation photos? Have you run out of people
to make fun of?

But last year you said you were going to post some, but there were
sooo many and it was taking a long time to sort them out...so either
they were very blurry due to the bus movement, or it turned out to be
too much work to scan in all those postcards you bought via
mail-order.

Old October 8th, 2007, 02:08 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Carole Allen[_1_]

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 14:09:46 -0400, Cathy L
wrote:
My possible relatives were not home when we went to their house. I
left a bunch of "family tree", papers in their mail box. Along with
our e-mail address. We have been exchanging pictures for the past
week. We are not positive of the connection, but it looks like we
might be related.

Cathy

Did you not let them know you were coming?
Old October 8th, 2007, 02:14 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Carole Allen[_1_]

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 15:27:56 -0400, Cathy L
wrote:
We talked to five men that were guests there. Four were from Ohio
and one
from Switzerland. They were doing extensive genealogy research. They
showed us over a hundred pages of family tree information. They
offered us their appointment at the courthouse in Bamberg for the next
day. They weren't going to use it.

I hope you realize all those records at the courthouse wouldn't have
been in English? Amateur genealogists, gotta love 'em - haven't a
clue how to properly research or document, or interpret the validity
of sources.