Trip to Germany

Old October 8th, 2007, 02:17 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Carole Allen[_1_]

Default Trip to Germany

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 21:19:00 +0200, Martin wrote:

You should have written first. I'm sure you would have been treated as honoured
guests. I was with somebody in Germany once, who tracked down a long lost
relative. I couldn't believe how nice the family were to us.
--

Ditto - and the on-line directory being on-line, you can look these up
before you get there! Did the same thing in Croatia several years

Old October 8th, 2007, 02:08 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Cathy L[_3_]

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 14:37:01 -0500, "Pat" wrote:

Lord knows Cathy posts enough stuff that make me cringe as to her ignorance
without saying she's arrogant, etc.

And Cathy, while you're at it, do some research into that Greek dance and
find out why the men wear those costumes. Educate yourself.

Pat in TX

I really don't understand why you wouldn't block my posts. If what I
say makes you "cringe with my ignorance".

Sorry, but watching men dancing, holding hands and wearing toutous
makes me snicker.

As they say, Pat, you really need to "get a life".

Cathy
Old October 8th, 2007, 02:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Padraig Breathnach

Cathy L wrote:

Sorry, but watching men dancing, holding hands and wearing toutous
makes me snicker.

People who travel with such an attitude are wasting their time and
their money.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old October 8th, 2007, 03:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Pat[_6_]

Lord knows Cathy posts enough stuff that make me cringe as to her
ignorance
without saying she's arrogant, etc.

And Cathy, while you're at it, do some research into that Greek dance and
find out why the men wear those costumes. Educate yourself.

Pat in TX

I really don't understand why you wouldn't block my posts. If what I
say makes you "cringe with my ignorance".

What you write makes me cringe because you are fulfilling the preconceived
ideas of Europeans that Americans who travel abroad as ignorant and
arrogant. I take it back, though, you, personally, ARE arrogant. People,
please do not believe the majority of Americans are like Cathy L. She has
that peculiar New York belief that it is the center of the earth. Keep that
in mind when you read her uneducated and simplistic posts. She is not
anywhere near being a representative of the American public.

Sorry, but watching men dancing, holding hands and wearing toutous
makes me snicker.

This only shows the extent of your backwardness, Cathy. You are extremely
uneducated and probably shouldn't be allowed out of your house without a
manners guide. You are giving offense to a proud people who have not done
anything to deserve such rude comments. And, you probably do not know to
which proud people I am referring.

As they say, Pat, you really need to "get a life".

Cathy

I cannot take your advice, as I consider the source. First, you need to grow
up before you start giving advice.

Pat in TX

Old October 8th, 2007, 07:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Carole Allen wrote:

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 07:35:14 -0400, Fishkill Bill
wrote:

We really did like the Neuschwanstein castle. We have an annual pass
to Disney World. We went there almost every day this past January,
February and into March. They do look a lot alike.

You fly down from the NE US regularly? Cathy said you guys lived in
the NE - NY, NJ? That's real dedication to M. Mouse and cohorts.

I hope they have children! Being a fantasy/science fiction
fan, I really enjoyed Disneyland when it first opened, also
an occasional visit thereafter, but I can't IMAGINE spending
and entire vacation there! (Much less visiting it more than
once a year, at most.)
Old October 8th, 2007, 07:27 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Carole Allen wrote:

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 15:27:56 -0400, Cathy L
wrote:
We talked to five men that were guests there. Four were from Ohio
and one
from Switzerland. They were doing extensive genealogy research. They

showed us over a hundred pages of family tree information. They
offered us their appointment at the courthouse in Bamberg for the next
day. They weren't going to use it.

I hope you realize all those records at the courthouse wouldn't have
been in English? Amateur genealogists, gotta love 'em - haven't a
clue how to properly research or document, or interpret the validity
of sources.

Someone told me the Mormons have an extensive facility for
researching one's geneaology. (Apparently they believe you
can pray your ancestors into heaven, too - if you know who
they were.) I've never cared enough to bother, but I think
the services are available to anyone, although I've no idea
how much is involved in fees. (I'm sure they don't do it
for nothing.)

My paternal grandmother used to boast that one of her
ancestors "helped carry Queen Louise of Prussia to her
grave". With visions of nobility in her ancestry, she
inquired of the proper sources in Germany (prior to WW2).
However, she lost interest when she discovered that, in
those days, they used professional pallbearers! (I thought
that was more interesting than just counting a "von" among
my distant relatives, but she obviously didn't agree - she
didn't like to think we came from simple peasant stock.)