Rising Canadian dollar

Old June 12th, 2006, 08:21 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default Rising Canadian dollar

Canada's dollar rose for a second day on speculation that the nation's
strong economy will prompt the Bank of Canada to raise its benchmark
interest rate at least once more this year. For more information visit
www.canadianhomemortgages.com where many lenders are compete online.

Regards

The Mortgage Man

www.themortgageman.net

Old June 12th, 2006, 09:12 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

On 2006-06-12 15:21:41 -0400, "canadianhomemortgages.com"
said:

Canada's dollar rose for a second day on speculation that the nation's
strong economy will prompt the Bank of Canada to raise its benchmark
interest rate at least once more this year. For more information visit
www.canadianhomemortgages.com where many lenders are compete online.

Guess pretty soon, we won't be able to afford visiting Canada any more.
That will be TOUGH!

Old June 12th, 2006, 09:20 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

sechumlib wrote:

Canada's dollar rose for a second day on speculation that the nation's
strong economy will prompt the Bank of Canada to raise its benchmark
interest rate at least once more this year. For more information visit
www.canadianhomemortgages.com where many lenders are compete online.

Guess pretty soon, we won't be able to afford visiting Canada any more.
That will be TOUGH!

You are still getting about 10%, but exchange can make a heck of a
difference. Our low dollar kept me out of the US for a long time. I had to
to a family wedding in Colorado a few years. I found that most things were
a little more expensive than they are here, but then there was more than 30%
exchange rate. That hurt. It made things really expensive.

Old June 12th, 2006, 11:43 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

On 2006-06-12 16:20:42 -0400, Dave Smith said:

You are still getting about 10%, but exchange can make a heck of a
difference. Our low dollar kept me out of the US for a long time. I had to
to a family wedding in Colorado a few years.

"I had to to" - does that mean you went, or you didn't go?

Old June 13th, 2006, 05:40 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

toll for the thousand islands bridge is 2 bucks US, 2.20
canadian.....never thought I'd see the day they were that close.....

a canadian relative was teasing me about our low dollar and I told him
the current idiot wont be in office foreverr and then likely we will
get this ship straightened out......

I just cahsed a 14,000 dollar canadian check, man was that nice seeing
what it was worth now.....I probably made nearly a thousand bucks US by
waiting to cash it;...

Chuck

Old June 13th, 2006, 06:10 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

" wrote:

toll for the thousand islands bridge is 2 bucks US, 2.20
canadian.....never thought I'd see the day they were that close.....

a canadian relative was teasing me about our low dollar and I told him
the current idiot wont be in office foreverr and then likely we will
get this ship straightened out......

For many years the toll at the bridges in Niagara Falls and Fort Erie were
the same price either way. Our dollars fluctuating. Sometimes the US
dollar was more and sometimes it was less. It was usually so close that
people didn't bother with exchange. Even when the Canadian dollar went down
to $0.90 US the bars and restaurants that did a lot of business with
Canadians took Canadian money at par.

I just cahsed a 14,000 dollar canadian check, man was that nice seeing
what it was worth now.....I probably made nearly a thousand bucks US by
waiting to cash it;...

I used to keep some US funds on hand in case I hopped across the border for
a night out or to do some shopping. When the exchange rate got to high it
wasn't worth going over. So now I have only about $10US sitting in a
drawer shrinking in value.