Regional Trains NW of Milan

Old July 26th, 2007, 10:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Richard[_2_]

Default Regional Trains NW of Milan

Hi,

I'm headed to Italy in a couple weeks for business.

The hotel's in Arona and work is in Sesto Calende.

I'd like to avoid renting a car if I can get back and forth by train.

Based on what I've seen at http://www.trasporti.regione.lombardia.it/ it
would seem that the two are connected by a train that goes through
Dormelletto.

My problem is that I don't know where, in each of those two towns, the train
stations are located so I don't know whether the walk at either end would be
feasible.

Does anyone know where I can find the addresses of train stations in this
pat of Italy?

Grazie!

Richard

Old July 26th, 2007, 10:18 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne[_2_]

Richard wrote:

Hi,

I'm headed to Italy in a couple weeks for business.

The hotel's in Arona and work is in Sesto Calende.

I'd like to avoid renting a car if I can get back and forth by train.

Based on what I've seen at http://www.trasporti.regione.lombardia.it/ it
would seem that the two are connected by a train that goes through
Dormelletto.

My problem is that I don't know where, in each of those two towns, the train
stations are located so I don't know whether the walk at either end would be
feasible.

Does anyone know where I can find the addresses of train stations in this
pat of Italy?

Apologies if I'm stating the obvious, but they are both on multimap
quite clearly- with major street names surrounding them. Arona's station
is visible in the rather low resolution on google earth- with Sesto
Calende, you can figure out where it is, but not as clearly.

--
(*) ... of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
http://www.davidhorne.net - real address on website
Old July 26th, 2007, 11:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Richard[_2_]

"David Horne" wrote in message

Apologies if I'm stating the obvious, but they are both on multimap
quite clearly- with major street names surrounding them. Arona's
station is visible in the rather low resolution on google earth- with
Sesto Calende, you can figure out where it is, but not as clearly.

No apologies necessary; thank you for introducing me to MultiMap!

Richard