Ourika valley and Asni day trip from Marrakech

Old October 30th, 2014, 11:04 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Abdelkader Naji

Default Ourika valley and Asni day trip from Marrakech

The Ourika Valley is a popular escape from the summer heat of Marrakesh. The village of Setti Fatma is a weekend resort for young Marrakshis, who ride out on their mopeds or BMWs to lie around and picnic beside the streams and waterfalls. The village lies at the end of the road, but a piste (to Timichi) and then a mule track continues up the valley to passes to Tacheddirt and Oukaïmeden, which has the best skiing in Morocco and interesting prehistoric rock carvings. The path also continues through to Imlil and Toubkal, making it a useful starting/finishing point for trekkers.

More --- http://chegagaaventure.com/tour/ouri...from-marrakech
Old November 10th, 2014, 07:48 AM
alkbra alkbra is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdelkader Naji View Post
The Ourika Valley is a popular escape from the summer heat of Marrakesh. The village of Setti Fatma is a weekend resort for young Marrakshis, who ride out on their mopeds or BMWs to lie around and picnic beside the streams and waterfalls. The village lies at the end of the road, but a piste (to Timichi) and then a mule track continues up the valley to passes to Tacheddirt and Oukaïmeden, which has the best skiing in Morocco and interesting prehistoric rock carvings. The path also continues through to Imlil and Toubkal, making it a useful starting/finishing point for trekkers.

More --- http://chegagaaventure.com/tour/ouri...from-marrakech
Abdelkader Naji! You have shared there good information. you are right The Ourika Valley is a right place to enjoy fishing at Ourika river. I visited this place recently and had a great experience there. According to my opinion it is a nice place to enjoy holidays and relaxation. You can view there the tall green terraces, surrounding Atlas peaks.
Old November 12th, 2014, 10:38 AM
ORRELL ORRELL is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkbra View Post
Abdelkader Naji! You have shared there good information. you are right The Ourika Valley is a right place to enjoy fishing at Ourika river. I visited this place recently and had a great experience there. According to my opinion it is a nice place to enjoy holidays and relaxation. You can view there the tall green terraces, surrounding Atlas peaks.
alkbra, I also visited Ourika Valley few years ago. It is one of the most visited spots in summer. This region looks amazing due to its lush greenery and awesome waterfalls. We can see a wide range of gardens, tiny hamlets, summer homes, and cafes and restaurants. This destination is very famous among the visitor’s especially local people. It is best spot for a one day trip.