Frederick, MD

Old October 6th, 2015, 04:24 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Ken Blake, MVP

Default Frederick, MD

My wife and I will be going to a wedding in Frederick, MD next fall.
There are three airports in the vicinity, Baltimore (BWI), Dulles
(IAD), and Reagan (DCA). Looking at the map, all three seem to be
about the same distance from Frederick.

But distance is only one factor in getting from an airport to where
you're going. Traffic is another. Which airport would be our best
choice to arrive at?

And how should we get from the airport to our hotel in Frederick (I
don't yet know what hotel it will be)? About how much would a taxi
cost? Are there van rides available? Can you recommend one? About how
much would that cost?

And I could rent a car if necessary, although I'd sooner relax and let
someone else drive. What's good price for a car rental (two or three
days) in that vicinity? I might have to return it at a different
airport, if that matters.

When we leave Frederick, instead of going home, we'll be flying to
Italy (Venice) for a vacation. Do all three airports have such
flights? Are prices the same at all three? Is one better for
international flights than the others?

Old October 6th, 2015, 07:49 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Ken Blake, MVP

On Tue, 06 Oct 2015 08:24:51 -0700, "Ken Blake, MVP"
wrote:

[...]

And one further question: about how long will it take to get from the
airport to the hotel?
Old October 7th, 2015, 05:55 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Gadi Ben-Avi[_2_]

You didn't say where you were coming from.

You can check all of the information online.
you can use www.kayak.com to find flight and prices.
BWI is the bigger airport, so it might have better international options.
I quick search shows that there are no direct flights from the Baltimore
area to Venice. You'll have to stop somewhere in Europe.

Driving time from BWI to Fredrick is about an hour according to Google Maps.
This will depend on where your hotel is, and on traffic.

If you search for 'Fredrick airport transfer', you'll get several options.
One option I saw was $125 per person each way. another was $63 for two
people each way.