Pictures of Basque country

Old April 10th, 2006, 11:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Pictures of Basque country

Look for nice pictures of Basque country and more locations in north of
spain and Portugal in my website: http://www.argazkiak.com
Locations in satellite views by google maps.

Old April 11th, 2006, 12:13 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

"tobaritx" wrote in message
ups.com...
Look for nice pictures of Basque country and more locations in north of
spain and Portugal in my website: http://www.argazkiak.com
Locations in satellite views by google maps.

Very nice pix, once I figured out how to navigate the site. You sure have a
thing for San Sebastian, but it is a very beautiful city. Any pictures of
Bizcaya? I find it hard to get out of 2006 to look around.

--
Donald R. Newcomb
DRNewcomb (at) attglobal (dot) net

Old April 11th, 2006, 10:13 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

tobaritx wrote:
Look for nice pictures of Basque country and more locations in north of
spain and Portugal in my website: http://www.argazkiak.com
Locations in satellite views by google maps.

I was interested to read about the "Sociedades", which apparently is a
very Basque male tradition. I am missing any information about the boat
races. Do you have anything? As explanation to the other NG readers,
there are competitions in summer between neighbouring fishing villages
on the Basque coast in open rowing boats. Last year we saw a team
training in a village near Bilbao, and there was live coverage in Basque
TV of a race in San Sebastian IIRC, the course went round the rock out
in the bay. However, as the commentary was in Basque, unfortunately we
couldn't understand very much.

T: