? Polynesia - Tahiti - Bora Bora, Moorea - Cook Islands

Old September 13th, 2003, 12:45 PM
Tessa

Default ? Polynesia - Tahiti - Bora Bora, Moorea - Cook Islands

Hi,
I was in the Cook Islands in 1999 at the Rarotongan Beach Resort
http:// http://www.rarotongan.co.ck
I think you would love it, the people are some of the friendliest I
have ever met. I was in Rarotonga which is very small, and relaxing. I
am not sure what you are looking for - there is diving and
snorkelling, hiking. They use the New Zealand & Cook Island dollars,
and there was no tipping- we were told it is contrary to Cook Islands
custom. It is a beautiful island with clear blue water and is mostly
protected by a reef so no sharks! The hotels cannot be taller that
the tallest palm tree so it is not a "urban" environment (pop. 10,000
on the whole island of Rarotonga) - it is not an inclusive resort and
it would be a relaxing fun holiday but (having been to many Club Meds)
it would not have nearly the activity that type of vacation would,
Hope this helps a bit,
Tessa

Bianco80 wrote:
Hi!

I'm an Italian guy currently studying in Melbourne till November.
My family is gonna come to visit me in December... we'd like to spend
some time travelling in Australia and then spend a week in
Polynesia...
And here's my issue...

WHERE???

We were thinking to spend 7-8 days somewhere in a all-inclusive
resort... as they told me I should organise everything from Australia
I'm pretty concerned coz I really don't know where we could have a
good time...
I was considering to go to Bora Bora Club Med... even though it's an
expensive island it's once in the life... but... does it worth it? Is
Bora Bora Club Med nice??
I also gathered info about Moorea or Tahiti Beachcomber Resorts... do
u know them? Any possible suggestion?
I've been told by several travel agents that Cook Islands are cheaper
than Tahiti islands but still really beautiful... do u advise me to
head there with my family?

I really don't know what to do and, as it is a pretty expensive trip,
I wouldn't want to make the wrong decision...

If u've been there and wanna give me any TIP I would be really
happy...
I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP...
Any suggestion is welcome... :-)

Thanks a lot!!

Diego

=============== Comment from Moderator ===============
The two Club Med's in Indonesia might be worth considering: Bali and Ria Bintan (near Singapore). Another fantastic choice would be the Club Med Phuket, in Thailand. All of these place would be easy to get to from Australia.
Hal Segal