Sandals 2/2002 with Dolores - Part Two

Old January 13th, 2005, 05:30 AM
Vinny

Default Sandals 2/2002 with Dolores - Part Two

More at: http://negrilnotes.com

Sandals 2/2002 with Dolores

Part Two - All Inclusive

Wow! What a great place! Sandals Negril is like taking a luxury cruise
without leaving port. Marcus, an affable Jamaican gent showed us to our
luxurious room. Walking to the room, we could hear the ocean, but could
only see it in glimpses between buildings and foliage.

As Dolores doled out closet space, I struck out to find some
refreshments. In the yard I came across my good friend Marcus, I knew
he was my good friend because he greeted me, "Hello, Vinny my good
friend!"

I'm sure he was figuring he'd do well befriending a wealthy
American like me. You see, I'm an average guy but Dolores looks like
she's from Hollywood not Philly. So people figure I must be loaded to
get a girl like Dolores, or that I am endowed with what Jamaicans call
"The Big Bamboo." A-hem, I'm not rich, oh no, not rich at all.

I asked my good friend Marcus about that other form of Jamaican
refreshment.

"Vinny wants the Good Stuff", he laughed.

I explained to him I was an experienced Negril traveler and I knew what
good stuff was and what it cost. He put up his hand and made a wait
here motion and disappeared into an employee only area. He returned a
moment later with a sample spliff, I love Negril! I hit the bar and
walked back to our room with beer and juices.

Dolores had opened the drapes, and from thirty yards away I could see
her silhouette moving about the room. I slipped quietly into the room.
I snuck up behind her and placed an icy Red Stripe on the counter in
front of her. She was wearing my favorite bikini, a gold lam=E9 number
I'd actually bought for her. I slid my arms around her from behind.
Our eyes met in the mirror, Sandals, the home of Caribbean Romance!

I lit the big spliff. She was nervous about the tell-tale aroma
alerting the neighbors, but I waved her off, "It's Jamaica," I
said and took a big hit.

"Ere," I said as I passed the joint. A wicked smile came to her
pretty face as the smoke expanded in her lungs. (I made a comment here
about Dolores' expanding lungs, but I edited it out for propriety.)

We had thought we were relaxed before, slowed from the pace of real
life, but the ganja; it took us to a whole new level.

What seemed like just moments later, but had probably been half an
hour, Marcus and a friend appeared on our patio. They were looking all
about as if to heighten the danger they were in for supplying us the
evil weed. Most resorts look the other way, they would rather their
guests utilize the services of trusted, reliable employees rather than
going off premises where trouble may find them, or worse, follow them
back.

We made the transaction, I overpaid.

By that point I was feeling no pain and the sunny noontime day was
calling us to explore this beautiful place. Dolores wrapped a pink
flowery sarong my mother, of all people, bought her for our trip. And
we were off.

I don't know what I was expecting, I'd been to Hedonism several
years ago it was an "All-Inclusive" too, but this place seemed so
low key. No, lower than that. The entire place was deserted! The pool
was almost empty, the bar was almost empty, the beach was almost empty,
the dining room, however was jam-packed!

Lunch-time we thought, the munchies were hitting pretty hard, so we
followed suit. Little did we know we were falling into the insidious
all-inclusive lemming trap. The guide in the room said lunch was served
from 11 o'clock till 2, but it was 12:15 and everyone was here. How
could all these people be on such a schedule? Who knows? We got on
line, filled out plates with beautifully prepared and creatively
presented items.

Seeking an open table and realized everyone was dressed like they were
at a country club. I had on swim trunks, and Dolores wore a bikini top
with a sarong. We looked at each other, both realizing this at the same
time. We stood out! Yeah, we were a hundred feet from the most
beautiful beach in the world, dressed in beach attire, and we stood
out!

The women, mostly middle-aged, had taken their hubbies to a "couples
only" resort in an effort to spice up monotonous nuptial bliss. They
glared at the girl with the big fake boobs, though the hubbies more
stared than glared. Even though Dolores increased the spice their wives
were looking for it wasn't the place the wives expected to find it.
They should have given her a medal, but many were downright rude.

Finally we saw our married friends who called us over. It was nice to
see a familiar face. The Marrieds were very nice people. It was the
second time around for both of them, and they seemed truly happy with
each other.

We all had a nice lunch and several drinks. We discussed plans for the
week and made plans to go to Rick's Caf=E9 tomorrow night. Dolores
made sure to tell them to ask Ken & Barbie to come along too.

Beach Time!! I hate the beach! I know that sounds funny for a guy who
goes to Negril once or twice a year, but it's true. More accurately,
laying out on the beach and frolicking in the water. I'm Irish, I
have two skin colors, fish belly white and lobster red. Don't get me
wrong! I love sitting near the beach, better yet a bar near or on the
beach. In the shade drinking Red Stripes and watching the goings on,
and the walking by's. I also love walking on the beach along the
water line, especially at sunset, that's living!

Dolores on the other hand is a fish. She's mostly Italian and gets a
dark bronze tan. She loves water related activities. Her morning ocean
kayak jaunts became a daily ritual, and spending several hours a day
tanning topless in the hot sun became the norm. She actually started a
bare breast revolution, on our first day on the beach Dolores was the
only bare breasted woman, by the third day there were several and by
the time we left even Barbie was bronzing her perkyness.
But that's for Part Three.

To be continued.

Vinny