Tomato juice

Old August 19th, 2008, 05:02 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Tom P[_4_]

Default Tomato juice

Somebody told me that more tomato juice is drunk on airplanes than
anywhere else - I just tried to Google this, but couldn't find a
reference, although there are a few sites that confirm that yes, gosh
some people really do only think of drinking tomato juice when thy're
sitting in a plane, then rationalizing their decision with nutritional
logic. It amazes me that people order the stuff at great risk to their
clothing when flying through heavy turbulence, when they could be
sloshing a plastic cup full of water over themselves and their fellow
passengers without much cause for concern.
Old August 19th, 2008, 10:31 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

"Tom P" wrote in message
Somebody told me that more tomato juice is drunk on airplanes than
anywhere else - I just tried to Google this, but couldn't find a
reference, although there are a few sites that confirm that yes, gosh some
people really do only think of drinking tomato juice when thy're sitting
in a plane, then rationalizing their decision with nutritional logic. It
amazes me that people order the stuff at great risk to their clothing when
flying through heavy turbulence, when they could be sloshing a plastic cup
full of water over themselves and their fellow passengers without much
cause for concern.

They probably also count the amount of tomato juice used for Bloody Mary's.

Old August 20th, 2008, 03:30 AM posted to rec.travel.air
jessica_smith_nyc

That makes sense about bloody mary's using tomato juice.......I would
think water or coffee would be #1.

----
http://www.moviesitearchive.com/travel

Old August 20th, 2008, 06:47 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_2_]

Tom P wrote:

Somebody told me that more tomato juice is drunk on airplanes than
anywhere else - I just tried to Google this, but couldn't find a
reference, although there are a few sites that confirm that

You couldn't find a reference, but found sites that confirm it?
Aren't those sites references?

yes, gosh
some people really do only think of drinking tomato juice when thy're
sitting in a plane, then rationalizing their decision with nutritional
logic. It amazes me that people order the stuff at great risk to their
clothing when flying through heavy turbulence, when they could be
sloshing a plastic cup full of water over themselves and their fellow
passengers without much cause for concern.

How often do you spill drinks on yourself while flying?
I rarely see much turbulence.
Old August 20th, 2008, 06:50 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_2_]

Jim Davis wrote:

"Tom P" wrote in message

Somebody told me that more tomato juice is drunk on airplanes than
anywhere else - I just tried to Google this, but couldn't find a
reference, although there are a few sites that confirm that yes, gosh some
people really do only think of drinking tomato juice when thy're sitting
in a plane, then rationalizing their decision with nutritional logic. It
amazes me that people order the stuff at great risk to their clothing when
flying through heavy turbulence, when they could be sloshing a plastic cup
full of water over themselves and their fellow passengers without much
cause for concern.

They probably also count the amount of tomato juice used for Bloody Mary's.

I know some airlines, at least domestic, don't use tomato juice for
those. They use "Bloody Mary Mix"
Old August 21st, 2008, 01:15 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Shawn Hirn

In article ,
mrtravel wrote:

Tom P wrote:

Somebody told me that more tomato juice is drunk on airplanes than
anywhere else - I just tried to Google this, but couldn't find a
reference, although there are a few sites that confirm that

You couldn't find a reference, but found sites that confirm it?
Aren't those sites references?

yes, gosh
some people really do only think of drinking tomato juice when thy're
sitting in a plane, then rationalizing their decision with nutritional
logic. It amazes me that people order the stuff at great risk to their
clothing when flying through heavy turbulence, when they could be
sloshing a plastic cup full of water over themselves and their fellow
passengers without much cause for concern.

How often do you spill drinks on yourself while flying?
I rarely see much turbulence.

I saw it happen only once, fortunately not to me. A friend and I were on
a flight home from to PHL from a vacation in Los Angeles. Just after the
final drink service, we hit some turbulence. I didn't ask for a drink,
but my friend asked for a cup of coffee.

My friend drank about 1/3 of the cup of coffee, then we hit turbulence.
Most of the coffee ended up on his shirt while I sat and laughed. My
friend laughed too. Fortunately, he was just wearing an inexpensive dark
colored shirt at the time, so it was no big deal.