Question: LAX-ORD

Old May 2nd, 2007, 04:36 PM posted to rec.travel.air
BBQ Man

Default Question: LAX-ORD

Hi Everybody!

Wow, it's been a loooong time since I've been in here. Lots of searching and
reading to do! Anyway, here's a question that is poking at me: I'll be
flying LAX-ORD in June. Never been to Chicago. What is the groups consensus
on which side of the aircraft (besides INside) is "preferred"... port or
starboard? I've never been east of DFW or DEN, so I was wondering if all
things equal if one or the other provides a noteworthy view along the way,
or maybe a view of the Chicago skyline or anything like that on approach.
What about the return from ORD-LAX?

Also, does ORD have the rental cars in the terminal or have they kicked them
all out to remote locations like other airports?

Thanks for your input... have a great day!

Old May 2nd, 2007, 04:48 PM posted to rec.travel.air
John L

flying LAX-ORD in June. Never been to Chicago. What is the groups consensus
on which side of the aircraft (besides INside) is "preferred"...

Doesn't really matter, depends on the weather and the route the plane
takes. If the weather is decent you should get nice views of the
Rockies.

Also, does ORD have the rental cars in the terminal or have they
kicked them all out to remote locations like other airports?

Counter in the terminal, bus to the pickup lot. If you're going into
downtown Chicago, you don't want a car, you know.

R's,
John

Old May 3rd, 2007, 09:54 AM posted to rec.travel.air
BBQ Man

"John L" wrote in message
flying LAX-ORD in June. Never been to Chicago. What is the groups
consensus
on which side of the aircraft (besides INside) is "preferred"...

Doesn't really matter, depends on the weather and the route the plane
takes. If the weather is decent you should get nice views of the
Rockies.

Thanks, John!

Also, does ORD have the rental cars in the terminal or have they
kicked them all out to remote locations like other airports?

Counter in the terminal, bus to the pickup lot. If you're going into
downtown Chicago, you don't want a car, you know.

Actually will be staying in Bloomington. But I'll have an extra day and a
half there so I might put in some local area sightseeing and check out a
museum or something.

Thanks again!

Old May 3rd, 2007, 09:56 AM posted to rec.travel.air
BBQ Man

"Hatunen" wrote in message
On Wed, 02 May 2007 09:23:00 -0700, Hatunen
wrote:

But I would pick the north side going and the southside coming to
keep the sun off me.

Duh...

North side both ways.

.... you almost had me there!
Thanks for the advice!

Old May 3rd, 2007, 04:12 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Binyamin Dissen

On Wed, 2 May 2007 08:36:28 -0700 "BBQ Man" wrote:

:Wow, it's been a loooong time since I've been in here. Lots of searching and
:reading to do! Anyway, here's a question that is poking at me: I'll be
:flying LAX-ORD in June. Never been to Chicago. What is the groups consensus
:on which side of the aircraft (besides INside) is "preferred"... port or
:starboard? I've never been east of DFW or DEN, so I was wondering if all
:things equal if one or the other provides a noteworthy view along the way,
:or maybe a view of the Chicago skyline or anything like that on approach.

As you are coming in from the west, you won't see much skyline unless you are
circling.

:What about the return from ORD-LAX?

:Also, does ORD have the rental cars in the terminal or have they kicked them
:all out to remote locations like other airports?

You got to take a shuttle.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old May 3rd, 2007, 06:08 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Mike Hunt

BBQ Man wrote:

Actually will be staying in Bloomington. But I'll have an extra day and a
half there so I might put in some local area sightseeing and check out a
museum or something.

Well, if you are in BLoomington, then you will be close to Normal.

Old ISU student saying: The people in Bloomington are a close to Normal
as they will ever get.
Old May 4th, 2007, 08:02 AM posted to rec.travel.air
BBQ Man

"Mike Hunt" postmaster@localhost wrote in message
. ..
BBQ Man wrote:

Actually will be staying in Bloomington. But I'll have an extra day and a
half there so I might put in some local area sightseeing and check out a
museum or something.

Well, if you are in BLoomington, then you will be close to Normal.

Old ISU student saying: The people in Bloomington are a close to Normal as
they will ever get.

Good Catch, Mike! That's the second time I did that. I meant Bloomingdale.

Thanks again!