Question

Old August 16th, 2006, 06:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Don & Lynn

Default Question

Unfortunately, next month, we have to go to an airport. We will spend the
night in a San Pedro hotel and fly(hopefully) out of LAX the next day to
Vancouver and cruise back down the coast to San Pedro. We have done this
before and usually book a shuttle from San Pedro to LAX. Our flight is
11:05am and I understand we should get there by 8:00am.
I am wondering if we should take a cab instead of a shuttle. It should be
direct rather than pick up other passengers.
Does anyone have experience with cabs between San Pedro and LAX? The shuttle
costs $47. Any idea what a cab costs?
Many Thanks,
Don

Old August 16th, 2006, 06:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 17:01:47 GMT, "Don & Lynn"
wrote:

Our flight is
11:05am and I understand we should get there by 8:00am.
I am wondering if we should take a cab instead of a shuttle. It should be
direct rather than pick up other passengers.
Does anyone have experience with cabs between San Pedro and LAX? The shuttle
costs $47. Any idea what a cab costs?

Hi Don,

I very much doubt you will be at LAX by 8:00am. You will be fortunate
to be off the ship by 8. BTW, you do not need to be at LAX by 8 for
an 11am flight. I would change my flight to after noon if I had a
choice. Most shuttles from the cruise terminal go straight to LAX but
then there are no guarantees as they certainly can make stops to pick
up passengers. You are talking about rush hour for the trip so I
really think a taxi will be your best bet. It could take from 30-90
minutes to go from the cruise terminal to LAX during this time period.
Depending on traffic the fare can vary greatly. I think about $60
would be the minimum you could expect to pay.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old August 16th, 2006, 07:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Don & Lynn

Ray, let me clarify. We are starting from the Crowne Plaza hotel in San
Pedro and flying to Vancouver to start a cruise.
Don

Old August 16th, 2006, 07:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RayC

Don & Lynn wrote:
Unfortunately, next month, we have to go to an airport. We will spend the
night in a San Pedro hotel and fly(hopefully) out of LAX the next day to
Vancouver and cruise back down the coast to San Pedro. We have done this
before and usually book a shuttle from San Pedro to LAX. Our flight is
11:05am and I understand we should get there by 8:00am.
I am wondering if we should take a cab instead of a shuttle. It should be
direct rather than pick up other passengers.
Does anyone have experience with cabs between San Pedro and LAX? The shuttle
costs $47. Any idea what a cab costs?
Many Thanks,
Don

Have you asked the shuttle company what the time frame is for pickup to
delivery? I have no problems with the shuttle picking up other
passengers as long as they tell me how long to expect it to take from my
pickup time to get to the airport.

Just a thought.

--

Ray Contreras
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Old August 16th, 2006, 08:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Don & Lynn

Primetime Shuttle suggests a 6:30am pickup, which would be fine except that
the park and sail package we have with the hotel includes a free breakfast
that doesn't start until 6:30---conflicting priorities.
Don

"RayC" wrote in message
m...

Old August 16th, 2006, 09:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cathy Kearns

"Don & Lynn" wrote in message
ink.net...
Primetime Shuttle suggests a 6:30am pickup, which would be fine except

that
the park and sail package we have with the hotel includes a free breakfast
that doesn't start until 6:30---conflicting priorities.
Don

Twenty miles on LA freeways during rush hour. I'm not sure Primetime
shuttle is assuming they are picking up other folks after you.

Old August 16th, 2006, 11:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
gincase

Don & Lynn wrote:
Unfortunately, next month, we have to go to an airport. We will spend the
night in a San Pedro hotel and fly(hopefully) out of LAX the next day to
Vancouver and cruise back down the coast to San Pedro. We have done this
before and usually book a shuttle from San Pedro to LAX. Our flight is
11:05am and I understand we should get there by 8:00am.
I am wondering if we should take a cab instead of a shuttle. It should be
direct rather than pick up other passengers.
Does anyone have experience with cabs between San Pedro and LAX? The shuttle
costs $47. Any idea what a cab costs?
Many Thanks,
Don

We are also taking a cruise from Vancouver back to LA.

We decided (before the last round of fun times at the airport) that we
would take the train (which there's a discount through the cruiselines)
up to Seattle, then the one night cruise from Seattle to Vancouver.
It's not too late to book the train...we got a good deal on it! I'm
excited, esp since I have to fly all the freaking time for work. Taking
a train up the coast (with first class accomadations) was far more
economically than flying!

I wouldn't take the cab - the Super Shuttle does just fine, and they
are better equipped to handle the security changes, time estimates, and
so on. Just let them know your time constraints and they will make it
happen.

Ginny

Old August 17th, 2006, 05:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Don & Lynn

Thank you for your responses. These newsgroups are great when people are not
calling each other names. There is so much good info.
I think we will be doing our future cruises round trip out of San Pedro or
San Diego and stay out of airports.
Don

ink.net...