Anytime (or whatever Marketing Calls it) on RC

Old February 12th, 2010, 03:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

Default Anytime (or whatever Marketing Calls it) on RC

We are sailing on the Independence in 8 days, 11 hours, 25 minutes
and 15 seconds (not that I am ready to go or anything). This is our
first trip with non-assigned seating. Any tips? Should we get a bunch of
reservations for the main dining room when we get there (we already have
them for the specialties) or can we just saunter up when we want to?

--
I get off on '57 Chevys
I get off on screamin' guitars
Old February 12th, 2010, 03:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Goomba

Kurt Ullman wrote:
We are sailing on the Independence in 8 days, 11 hours, 25 minutes
and 15 seconds (not that I am ready to go or anything). This is our
first trip with non-assigned seating. Any tips? Should we get a bunch of
reservations for the main dining room when we get there (we already have
them for the specialties) or can we just saunter up when we want to?

You can do all of the above, or none. You can reserve on the day of, or
the day before, or just walk up. We've done all of the above and have
never had a problem being seated. I think some ships try to encourage
you to book ahead of time, but it isn't required. One ship always made a
point of asking us as we were leaving if we'd like to make our
reservation for the next night....?