NCL Spirit to New Orleans - - Year Round

Old February 9th, 2010, 08:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

Default NCL Spirit to New Orleans - - Year Round

Just heard that starting in April, 2011, NCL is going to put the
Norwegian Spirit in New Orleans year round doing 7 night Western
Caribbean cruises.

While I have been hoping for another ship in New Orleans, I was hoping
that Royal Caribbean would be the company to do it.

Oh well... at least there is now some competition and that is a good thing.

--

George Leppla

Countryside Travel http://www.CruiseMaster.com
Blog http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/CruiseMaster
Old February 12th, 2010, 05:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"George Leppla" wrote in message
Just heard that starting in April, 2011, NCL is going to put the
Norwegian Spirit in New Orleans year round doing 7 night Western Caribbean
cruises.

While I have been hoping for another ship in New Orleans, I was hoping
that Royal Caribbean would be the company to do it.

Oh well... at least there is now some competition and that is a good
thing.

George Leppla

George, having just taken the Norwegian Spirit out of New Orleans on Dec.
27th, I'm happy to hear this as we enjoyed our cruise on her very much! She
was in better shape than the Ryndam when we took her on Jan.24th. I'm glad
the Ryndam is presently in dry-dock as I hear there was another fire on her
the week after we sailed. I just wish they would put more than just the
Conquest out of Galveston. The Conquest is fine but I've been on her twice
and don't particularly like her configuration.

--Jean

Old February 12th, 2010, 01:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

George, having just taken the Norwegian Spirit out of New Orleans on Dec.
27th, I'm happy to hear this as we enjoyed our cruise on her very much! She
was in better shape than the Ryndam when we took her on Jan.24th. I'm glad
the Ryndam is presently in dry-dock as I hear there was another fire on her
the week after we sailed. I just wish they would put more than just the
Conquest out of Galveston. The Conquest is fine but I've been on her twice
and don't particularly like her configuration.

Royal Caribbean has the Voyager of the Seas sailing out of Galveston
from December through April but Galveston is another port where Carnival
could use some year-round competition.