living in europe

Old October 14th, 2005, 07:58 AM
Tim C.

Default French teachers salary (LONG with details)

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:04:06 -0700, dgs wrote:

Mxsmanic wrote:

I don't feel anything about it.

What do you fell anything about?

Nothing. He has no emotions. Except shyness.
--
Tim C.
Old October 14th, 2005, 07:59 AM

Mxsmanic a écrit :

The Rev Gaston writes:

Phrase it how you wish. The fact remains that you are out of work, and
your present methods of finding work do not appear to be working.

The actual causes are important; it's more than just "phrasing."

Since you snipped the text in question, I decline to discuss it
further.

Not at all - I'm suggesting that you do what you can to find out what
vacancies exist, rather than relying on advertisements in 20", or
whatever.

It's not so much a problem of vacancies as a problem of my
applications being rejected.

If you applied to the job for which you are perfectly qualified, your
chance of rejection would be less. Your chance of finding such a
vacancy, particularly an unadvertised vacancy, are increased if you
network.

It's not rocket science.

Not a question of cheating.

It sure sounds like it. "It's not what you know, but whom you know"
sounds pretty dishonest to me.

Did I say that? You need to read more carefully.

A reader can readily judge if your reaction is rational or not.

I don't see the relevance of this.

What you see is not important.

G;

Old October 14th, 2005, 08:25 AM
DDT Filled Mormons

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 03:22:43 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

DDT Filled Mormons writes:

You are saying that to aggravate.

I'm saying that because it is true. Angry young males remain angry
even when there is no discernable reason to be so. They are their own
worst enemies.

You aggravate everyone, not just angry young males.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old October 14th, 2005, 09:29 AM

In article ,

*From:* DDT Filled Mormons
*Date:* Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:40:10 +0100

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:59:08 +0100,

(chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and prestwich tesco 24h
offy) wrote:

Karen Selwyn wrote:

Tim C. wrote:

But sometimes you have to make a decision before that, say at a job
interview.

But you only give a probation period when you've excluded everyone
else.
They have to be filtered out somehow.

Tim are you really saying you have hired people in real time at the
conclusion of their job interview? Don't you check their references?
Don't you hold a series of interviews and only extend a job offer

when
all the candidates have been interviewed?

It's not uncommon in the UK for someone to be hired before references
are checked. It's happened to my partner twice. Worst case scenario is
that you could be fired if they don't check out. TTTT, it's probably

the
case that some references are never checked. I've been asked by people
to be their referees, and have never been contacted, even when they got
the job!

That has happened to me enough times to consider references almost
worthless.

Likewise. In the UK, I think I've had references checked once in the
course of being offered, and taking up, a half-dozen jobs.

And, although I am/was named as a referee on many people's CVs, the only
one whose prospective employers have regularly contacted me was a guy
doing temp secretarial work.

The poster formerly known as
.
Old October 14th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Tim C.

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 09:38:17 +0200, Magda wrote:

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 08:46:40 +0200, in rec.travel.europe, "Tim C."
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this :

... On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:45:31 +0200, Mxsmanic wrote:
... DDT Filled Mormons writes:
... As there is no reason to fear human intereraction, your actions are
... thus unreasonable.
... Perhaps, but there is more to life than human interaction.
... Have you read the Asimov robot short story about the planet where no-one
... meets each other? I can't remember what it's called.

It's a book, not a short story.

I couldn't remember if that particular one was a whole book or not, it was
a long time ago.

Never understood why people would get married in there,
when it's so simple to reproduce in the Brave New World style...

I won't say anything
--
Tim C.
Old October 14th, 2005, 11:30 AM
A Human Being

DDT Filled Mormons wrote:
On 10 Oct 2005 21:56:36 -0700, "A Human Being"
wrote:

If a person can be contemptuous , or bully, or always find faults with
one person, he /she can do the same with others too. Its a habit.
So is tolerance.

So is nad scratching.

You earn respect in my books, and then I will be tolerant.

Did I ask for it?

--
---

Old October 14th, 2005, 11:49 AM
A Human Being

DDT Filled Mormons wrote:
On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:59:52 +0200, Magda
wrote:

On 13 Oct 2005 19:48:25 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, DDT Filled Mormons
arranged some electrons, so they looked like
this :

... On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:43:00 +0200, Mxsmanic
... wrote:
... The Rev Gaston writes:
... Do you not understand what Stanislas means by "subject", or are you
... being deliberately obstructive?
... I don't understand.
... Can you understand why people are so cruel to you?

I don't understand why you guys waste your time with this idiot.

The same reason I waste time in this place.

And what would that be?

--
---

Old October 14th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Tim C.

... wrote:
... The Rev Gaston writes:
... Do you not understand what Stanislas means by "subject", or are you
... being deliberately obstructive?
... I don't understand.
... Can you understand why people are so cruel to you?

I don't understand why you guys waste your time with this idiot.

The same reason I waste time in this place.

And what would that be?

To bully Mixi. It's my only purpose in life.

--
Tim C.
Old October 14th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Mxsmanic

DDT Filled Mormons writes:

You aggravate everyone, not just angry young males.

Have you polled everyone?