living in europe

Old October 14th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Mxsmanic

Default French teachers salary (LONG with details)

Tim C. writes:

Ruled by emotions again.

How so?

Old October 14th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Mxsmanic

DDT Filled Mormons writes:

How the hell is networking dishonest?

It often places people in jobs who are not the best qualified for
those jobs, to the detriment of people who _are_ the best qualified.

Old October 14th, 2005, 01:12 PM

Mxsmanic a écrit :

DDT Filled Mormons writes:

How the hell is networking dishonest?

It often places people in jobs who are not the best qualified for
those jobs, to the detriment of people who _are_ the best qualified.

That would be inefficiency, not dishonesty, if it were true.

Which I doubt, in general.

G;

Old October 14th, 2005, 01:19 PM

DDT Filled Mormons a écrit :

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 07:29:13 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

The Rev Gaston writes:

Not a question of cheating.

It sure sounds like it. "It's not what you know, but whom you know"
sounds pretty dishonest to me.

No, it is perfectly honest unless you are dishonest about it.

I think Mixi is mixed up about what is actually involved. He imagines
that "networking" implies buying someone a brandy and a cigar and then
being offered a job and the boss's daughter's virginity.

What actually happens is that you meet someone who is looking to fill a
position in the Irritating Pedantry Department. So far his
advertisements have yielded many candidates, but none with the
requisite interest in amateur gynaecology. At that point you say "well,
as a matter of fact I know just the person you are looking for". He
gets the best man for the job, Mixi gets the money he needs to lead him
to Nirvana, and the guy owes you a drink. All in all, a good result.

G;

Old October 14th, 2005, 01:54 PM
DDT Filled Mormons

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 03:25:53 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

The Rev Gaston writes:

The game of networking is that you have to take the opportunities that
present themselves. For example - a relaxed dinner with people that you
know marginally. Those 5 people may not have a job to offer, but they
each may be having dinner next day with five more people, who ... etc.

In other words, you are suggesting that I depend on dishonest,
behind-the-scenes shenanigans to get a job, instead of depending on a
match between skills and job requirements.

How the hell is networking dishonest?

It might suprise you Mixi, but there is much more to a job than simply
being matched to the job requirements. These things are often best
found out in an informal situation - which is why it's so popular.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com

Old October 14th, 2005, 01:59 PM
DDT Filled Mormons

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 08:58:14 +0200, "Tim C."
wrote:

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:04:06 -0700, dgs wrote:

Mxsmanic wrote:

I don't feel anything about it.

What do you fell anything about?

Nothing. He has no emotions. Except shyness.

"Shyness is not an emotion"... blah blah.........
--
---
Old October 14th, 2005, 02:02 PM
DDT Filled Mormons

On 14 Oct 2005 03:30:35 -0700, "A Human Being"
wrote:

DDT Filled Mormons wrote:
On 10 Oct 2005 21:56:36 -0700, "A Human Being"
wrote:

If a person can be contemptuous , or bully, or always find faults with
one person, he /she can do the same with others too. Its a habit.
So is tolerance.

So is nad scratching.

You earn respect in my books, and then I will be tolerant.

Did I ask for it?

For what?
--
---
Old October 14th, 2005, 02:04 PM
No Spam

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
The Rev Gaston writes:

Phrase it how you wish. The fact remains that you are out of work, and
your present methods of finding work do not appear to be working.

The actual causes are important; it's more than just "phrasing."

Yes, and the actual causes are your own fault.
You spend an enormous amount of time spewing
page upon page of lame excuses on Usenet, denying
that your employment situation is your own fault.
If you spent even half that energy actually looking
for a job instead of whining, lying, and trolling
about it, you'd probably be an executive by now.

Old October 14th, 2005, 02:11 PM
No Spam

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
DDT Filled Mormons writes:

You aggravate everyone, not just angry young males.

Have you polled everyone?

I think he used the same polls that you used when
you claimed that the majority of people on Usenet
are Americans and lurkers.