airlines

Old July 29th, 2014, 07:34 PM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.home.repair
nam sak

Default airlines

Recently describing my encounters with airlines over the years brought
back fond memories of British Caledonian. I just had to see if those
old ads were on You Tube. Sure enough many of them are although
unfortunately not the one with the Caledonian Girls going round the
luggage carousel.

I had forgotten the one with George. (Got all you gear?)

Apologies to alt.home.repair readers who do not want to read this but
there has been a bit of cross posting between rec.travel.air and
alt.home. repair. If you do not want to read it then don't.

Those old ads were so openly sexist and totally not politically
correct but THEY WERE (mostly) TRUE. I say mostly because in truth
BCal had a lot of male cabin staff as well and the guys were just as
good as the girls. Sure BCal were not perfect but anyone that had
regular experience of BA out of Heathrow then being fortunate enough
to be able to wave goodbye to Heathrow BA and start flying BCal out of
Gatwick would have echoed the sentiments in those old adverts:-

I've found a better way to fly
I've found a better way to touch the sky.
British Caledonian
A better way to fly.

The World is our beat (pa pa pa pa pah)
Sit back in your seat. (pa pa pa pa pah)
The hours fly (pa pa pa pa pah)
The time slips by
When you're up in the sky
Lets go British Caledonian

Da da da da, da da da da, da da da da, da da da da
I've been all around this great big world
And I've flown with all kinds of girls.
But I can't wait to get back to Gatwick
To the cutest girls in the world.
Da, da da, I wish they all could be ……………….
..
God I really wish they all could be Caledonian Girls.

They really did never forget you had a choice. They proved you do not
have to sacrifice safety for good service and FUN FUN FUN.

BA had a very good safety record. But BCal had an even better safety
record than BA and thumbed their noses at them with a smile on their
faces.

It reminds me of a time long long ago and far far away when flying was
something to be enjoyed. Not something to be endured in misery and
worried about.

Anyone that watches the videos linked below, particularly the former
BCal staff ones and does not have to wipe a tear from their eye is
made of sterner stuff than me.

A better way to fly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPx6QCi7h_I

Lets go