travel?

Old September 30th, 2010, 07:32 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

Default travel?

Surreyman wrote:
On Sep 29, 4:41 pm, Erilar wrote:
Surreyman wrote:

.

I just wonder what some people do unnecessarily spend!

Ridiculous sums 8-). I can't handle what I could a few tears ago, so
my
travel has become more expensive of late, but even compared to trips
with the non- profit Elderhostel, which I've done in countries where
can't rely on my own language skills, trips I plan myself are still
noticeably cheaper, as a rule.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist

From what I've seen of Elderhostel prices (international tours)
they're not so low cost?

Not cheap compared to those "every day a new country" tours where you do
90% of your sightseeing through bus windows and hardly anything comes
with the " package" , but cheap compared to any tour that offers equal
value. I like to learn about the places I visit, and they're great for
that, too.
--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist
Old October 1st, 2010, 06:32 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Anonymouse[_5_]

On 9/26/2010 6:53 PM, Erilar wrote:
What happened to the travel?

Hi,

well I'm off to the horse races.

but that's in Louisiana.

--
Hackamore
http://www.hackamoretravel.com
Old October 1st, 2010, 08:43 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman[_3_]

On Sep 30, 7:32*pm, Erilar wrote:
Surreyman wrote:
On Sep 29, 4:41 pm, Erilar wrote:
Surreyman wrote:

.

I just wonder what some people do unnecessarily spend!

Ridiculous sums 8-). *I can't handle what I could a few tears ago, so
my
travel has become more expensive of late, but even compared to trips
with the non- profit Elderhostel, which I've done in countries where
can't rely on my own language skills, trips I plan myself are still
noticeably cheaper, as a rule.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist

From what I've seen of Elderhostel prices (international tours)
they're not so low cost?

Not cheap compared to those "every day a new country" tours where you do
90% of your sightseeing through bus windows and hardly anything comes
with the " package" , but cheap compared to any tour that offers equal
value. *I like to learn about the places I visit, and they're great for
that, too.
--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist

Absolutely the same for us, but the prices still didn't appeal,
especially since apparently 'not for profit'.
Must admit this initial reaction has stopped us from gaining any
further insight.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 03:45 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Merken Dorf

On 9/28/2010 3:20 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Ohne Bedenken wrote:
On 9/27/2010 12:06 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Yeah, age has finally caught up with me, too, when it comes to travel.
(Even if I could still afford it, on my retirement" "income".) Spending
all that money, only to spend most of my time in my hotel room watching
television in a foreign language, just didn't seem worth the effort.

Eh? I've been in Europe for a month. No hotel room. Haven't watched
much TV either. Who sits on their ass in a hotel room? Someone without
the brains to arrange better quality accommodation at far lower cost?

No, someone who can no longer walk (or indeed stand) for any length of
time without assistance!

Not made clear in previous posts. What, people are supposed to guess
about your current physical infirmities?

It comes to all of us, sooner or later - hence
my advice to young people to travel while you CAN. (It's a lot cheaper
when you can do it hosteling and biking, and you see more of a country.)

Been doing just that for nearly 30 years, yes.

(There are easier ways to improve my language skills - and less
incentive, when I no longer have much opportunity to use them.)

Aw, poor widdle you. Where's the pity party?

Oh get stuffed, asshole! (Clearly your English comprehension needs work.)

My, you are a delicate flower, aren't you?
Old October 3rd, 2010, 04:29 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Merken Dorf

On 9/28/2010 3:28 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Ohne Bedenken wrote:

So, I repeat: who sits on their ass in a hotel room?

Answer: People who enjoy the wider choice of REAL (aka "classical")

Ah, a music bigot. There is much more to "REAL" music than just
classical. Not that you'd have much of a clue about that, given
your musical bigotry. Hater much?

no longer able to walk long distances due to
the infirmities of age.

Not made clear in previous posts.

(Since you are so quick to condemn, one can but
hope you find yourself in the same predicament - sooner rather than later.)

Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't. You seem a rather bitter
and nasty old bag, though.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 05:53 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Anonymouse[_5_]

no longer able to walk long distances due to
the infirmities of age.

Not made clear in previous posts.

Hi,

I travel with a brompton folding bike which helps a LOT in some
cities... I've peddled it around all sorts of places you wouldn't think
a bike would be allowed... though sometimes I've had a chat with the
local police (like Amsterdam) where they said it's normally not allowed
to ride a bicycle where I was but for me (a cripple with cane and brace)
it was allowed.

and in many places (like say... Paris or Amsterdam... I'd bet even the
Damn Germans would provide a wheelchair at the Deutsches Museum!) once
you get to a museum you just ask for a wheelchair... I've chaired the
Rijksmuseum and the Louvre... at Le Louvre there are special routes
between rooms for chairs (you ask and they open a magic door) and at the
Mona Lisa you get to go RIGHT UP FRONT (in FRONT of the rail in fact).

sure you might have to get a cab TO the museum... but european cities
are generally compact... and yes you CAN hail a cab in Paris... at least
with a cane :-}

I've even ridden the brompton IN a museum... in San Francisco.

ttyl

Akia

Old November 29th, 2010, 02:45 AM
robert01 robert01 is offline
Member

Location: u.k.

Hi

Travel is movement of people between relatively distant geographical locations for any purpose and any duration, with or without any means of transport. Travel also includes relatively short stays between successive movements. Movements between locations requiring only a few minutes are not considered as travel.

Thanks

free software download
download software
free download

Last edited by robert01 : February 26th, 2011 at 12:09 PM.