The Pride of America

Old August 25th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Dan Eppinger

Default The Pride of America

Does anyone have any first hand info on the Pride of America? It seems
that all I am able to find on this group is "general" comments on
cruises and cruise ships. If anyone has actually sailed on this
vessel, I would appreciate any advice, as we are considering it to
Hawaii and it is the only cruise line that goes to Hawaii in August,
2006.

Thanks for your help,

Dan
Old August 25th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Dan Eppinger wrote:

Does anyone have any first hand info on the Pride of America? It seems
that all I am able to find on this group is "general" comments on
cruises and cruise ships. If anyone has actually sailed on this
vessel, I would appreciate any advice, as we are considering it to
Hawaii and it is the only cruise line that goes to Hawaii in August,
2006.

If you go to google and do a search on "Pride of America" you will
find that it has been discussed here on RTC. There is also at least
one review that was posted in July, here is the link to the review via
google:

http://tinyurl.com/8jlm4

sue
Old August 25th, 2005, 09:07 PM
How B

Dan Eppinger wrote:
Does anyone have any first hand info on the Pride of America? It seems
that all I am able to find on this group is "general" comments on
cruises and cruise ships. If anyone has actually sailed on this
vessel, I would appreciate any advice, as we are considering it to
Hawaii and it is the only cruise line that goes to Hawaii in August,
2006.

There's a bunch at Cruise Critic:
http://tinyurl.com/85nsa

Read 'em and weep, LOL. No, seriously, if you go with limited
expectations (food and service-wise), you might be pleasantly surprised.
The main attraction in this case would be Hawaii, not the ship, right?
Also, cabins appear to be very small compared to the rest of the major
lines: inside 132 ft2, outside 144 ft2, balcony 169 ft2.

How B

Old August 25th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Ermalee McCauley

I have a friend who just returned last week. She was with me on
NCL Spirit in April and loved everything about it.
After the Pride of America, she said she wouldn't recommend it.
Service in all areas was poor; folks had trouble getting bathroom
tissue, getting trash emptied, beds made, etc.
Food was mediocre and service was poor.
She did say, however, that the ship is beautiful.
OTOH, the ship is pretty new, and by now they may have had time to
get their act together.
Oh, she did say the food in the specialty restaurants was no better
than any other dining area, and that it took over 2 hours to get
their food.

Ermalee ---noting that this was my friend's second cruise; I think
the NCL Spirit spoiled her for other ships. I know it's
at the top of my list of favorites :-)

Old August 25th, 2005, 09:36 PM
mrtravel

Ermalee McCauley wrote:

I have a friend who just returned last week. She was with me on
NCL Spirit in April and loved everything about it.
After the Pride of America, she said she wouldn't recommend it.
Service in all areas was poor; folks had trouble getting bathroom
tissue, getting trash emptied, beds made, etc.
Food was mediocre and service was poor.
She did say, however, that the ship is beautiful.
OTOH, the ship is pretty new, and by now they may have had time to
get their act together.

Is this because it has more Americans working on it?
Old August 26th, 2005, 04:28 AM

mrtravel wrote:
Ermalee McCauley wrote:

I have a friend who just returned last week. She was with me on
NCL Spirit in April and loved everything about it.
After the Pride of America, she said she wouldn't recommend it.
Service in all areas was poor; folks had trouble getting bathroom
tissue, getting trash emptied, beds made, etc.
Food was mediocre and service was poor.
She did say, however, that the ship is beautiful.
OTOH, the ship is pretty new, and by now they may have had time to
get their act together.

Is this because it has more Americans working on it?

Could be! We spoiled Americans have to have others in the world
community show us how to work.

--
Why is it the sensors seeking intelligent life are pointed away from earth?