British Airways vs. Virgin?

Old April 28th, 2004, 03:44 AM
Fiona

Default British Airways vs. Virgin?

mrtravelkay wrote in message om...
Fiona wrote:

Often BA and Virgin are cheaper. Then again it is not worth it if AA
work out 75 dollars cheaper. They are not that bad, but if you have a
choice they are definately bottom of the pile!

You mentioned bad service and "horrible food".
I rarely think of food as being worth $75 for a flight.
I don't know what kind of service you are looking for in Economy. I
find little difference between AA and BA there. If I ask for a drink, I
get it. What other service are you looking for?
I rarely fly economy to Europe anymore, as I usually spend the miles for
the upgrade from the US West Coast.

Actually I had acknowledged that if an AA flight was $75 dollars
cheaper I would take it. I am not here to have an argument, this is
simply my opinion. Indeed I have many frequent flier miles with AA and
find they provide adequate service. I simply find Virgin and BA to
provide a better, more professional service and it starts the
trip/vacation off on a better tone.
Old April 28th, 2004, 10:54 AM
david

Default London layover

"Clark W. Griswold, Jr." 73115 dot 1041 at compuserve dot com wrote in message . ..
R Canas wrote:

I will have a 10 hour layover in London on my way back from Madrid [ flying to DFW ]. Plane from
Barajas arrives at Heathrow aboput midnight, plane to DFW leaves at 10 Am

Any recommendatrion on where to stay ? Reasonable priced hotels ????

Since recommended arrival time for LGW and LHR international departures is now 3
hours prior to flight time, you won't have much spare time to get to any hotel
other than ones in the immediate vicinity. Even then it will be a short night...

And there are NO 'reasonably-priced hotels' within reach of Heathrow
(nearest are probably in Slough). Find somewhere quite to sleep
within the airport, or else spend a lot of money on an airport hotel,
or a lot of money on taxi rides to get to Slough and back. Otherwise,
your only hope is a special offer at an airport hotel through an
on-line booking service.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 05:42 AM
RAK

"R Canas" wrote in message ...

I will have a 10 hour layover in London on my way back from Madrid [

flying to DFW ]. Plane from
Barajas arrives at Heathrow aboput midnight, plane to DFW leaves at 10 Am

Any recommendatrion on where to stay ? Reasonable priced hotels ????

IBIS Heathrow is OK.
I stayed there once. About 65 pounds, good by London standards.

Address :
112-114 Bath Road
Hayes Middlesex
UB3 5AL LONDON