Is E-ticket okay for International travel?

Old March 23rd, 2004, 12:54 AM
Vitaly Shmatikov

Default Is E-ticket okay for International travel?

In article ,
Giovanni Drogo wrote:

I've always been provided a printed receipt for my e-tickets booked on
regular IATA airlines and furthermore I've the boarding cards as proof of
the trip.

I guess your administration is ways less picky than ours :-(

I've traveled to dozens of universities and academic institutions
all over the world, and I have yet to see one that would not accept
an e-ticket receipt printed by the airline (*not* the receipt you get
by email, but an official receipt printed on what looks like airline
ticket stock that you get if you walk up to the counter and ask for it).

I'd venture a guess that your administration would happily accept an
e-ticket receipt printed on airline stock. Moreover, I suspect that
they would not be able to tell the difference between an e-ticket
receipt and a paper ticket receipt - the two look almost exactly the
same in this case.

Old March 24th, 2004, 12:07 AM
Gregory Morrow

(maryanne kehoe) wrote:

I'm not--Greg is accusing me of top-posting!

CORNMEAL PANCAKES WITH HONEY-PECAN BUTTER

100% would make it again

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted European-style butter, room temperature
2 tablespoons honey
Generous pinch of ground cinnamon
1/3 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/3 cup fine yellow cornmeal
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melted European-style butter
Maple syrup, warmed

Using electric mixer, beat 1/2 cup butter, honey, and cinnamon in
small bowl until fluffy. Stir in pecans. Season with salt.

Sift flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into
large bowl. Whisk eggs in medium bowl to blend; whisk in sour cream,
milk, oil, and vanilla. Gradually add liquid mixture to dry
ingredients, whisking just until blended.

Heat griddle or heavy large skillet over medium heat. Working in
batches, brush griddle lightly with melted butter. Pour batter by 1/3
cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bottoms brown, about 4 minutes. Turn
pancakes over and cook until second sides brown, about 2 minutes.
Divide pancakes among plates and top with honey-pecan butter. Serve,
passing warm maple syrup separately. Makes about 10.

Bon Appétit
September 2003

A Cook from Mairead on 02/16/04
"Best pancakes I have ever made or eaten. They were so light and airy.
Only change - I would add more sugar to the pecan butter

Stephanie (
) from Mundelein, IL on 02/05/04
This was an extremely delicious dish. It was simple and a pure joy
putting the fork in your mouth. My fiancee could not get enough of
them!!! I can't wait to make this recipe for more people!

LBT (
) from Anchorage, Alaska on 12/07/03
Very good pancakes and easy to make. The honey-pecan butter is yummy.
I plan to use the left over portion on toast during the week.

A Cook from Waynesboro, VA on 11/09/03
These are absolutley wonderful!! I usually try a different scone or
pancake recipe every weekend. My husband said yesterday after tasting
these..."I think that you have found it!" They are very easy and so
"high" and light. And, I even used whole wheat pastry flour instead of
all purpose! Loved the butter and with warm maple syrup....YUM! My
little guys loved them as well! Will be doing again and again!

Ellen Westmoreland (
) from Spring Hill, Florida on
09/26/03
These pancakes were light and melted in your mouth. Our company
thought they were wonderful also!"

/
Old March 24th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Miguel Cruz

Giovanni Drogo wrote:
Considering that nobody is proposing to use e-tickets for ways of
travelling which is more widely used, and subject to much less boarding
restrictions like trains, buses, metro ...

Amtrak (trains in USA) has a sort-of eticket arrangement.

miguel
Old March 25th, 2004, 01:38 AM
Miguel Cruz

randee wrote:
In our experience both United and American are still issuing paper
tickets for flights to Europe. I must admit though, those are the only
cases in which I have had paper tickets issued.

Just flew United to Istanbul and back (FRA-IST-FRA codeshare on LH),
purchased off the United web site, e-tickets the whole way. Likewise United
to Amsterdam a few months back, same story.

miguel
Old March 25th, 2004, 04:58 AM
Frank F. Matthews

Miguel Cruz wrote:
randee wrote:

In our experience both United and American are still issuing paper
tickets for flights to Europe. I must admit though, those are the only
cases in which I have had paper tickets issued.

Just flew United to Istanbul and back (FRA-IST-FRA codeshare on LH),
purchased off the United web site, e-tickets the whole way. Likewise United
to Amsterdam a few months back, same story.

miguel

Possibly because it involved a code share (Delta ticket on an Air France
flight) I was sent a paper ticket for my flight to Paris this month. FFM

Old March 25th, 2004, 04:11 PM
jcoulter

"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in
:

Miguel Cruz wrote:
randee wrote:

In our experience both United and American are still issuing paper
tickets for flights to Europe. I must admit though, those are the
only cases in which I have had paper tickets issued.

Just flew United to Istanbul and back (FRA-IST-FRA codeshare on LH),
purchased off the United web site, e-tickets the whole way. Likewise
United to Amsterdam a few months back, same story.

miguel

Possibly because it involved a code share (Delta ticket on an Air
France flight) I was sent a paper ticket for my flight to Paris this
month. FFM

Delta Airfrance in Paris and Delta in Zurich are Delta's paper ticket
routes (or so the agent told me when I checked in with an Air France
return from paris.) Delta from Paris or AF from Paris all by self is OK
to e ticket for some strange reason.