Suggestions requested!!!

Old March 25th, 2004, 02:19 AM
cj

Default Suggestions requested!!!

I've been tracking prices of flights from various places (LAX, PHX, LAS,
etc) to Glasgow and the prices are still around $1400 for around the
dates of June 18th to June 27th. I am able to be flexible somewhat with
my dates, but I need/like to be there during the week of the 20th
(husband has a conference there).

Can anyone come up with suggested alternate routes? I've thought of
flying PHX to NYC, NYC to London, then London to Glasgow on a budget
airline or even drive to Glasgow from London. I've also looked at Boston
for an alternative and DC. Would their be any other point in Europe
that I might get a cheap flight to and then book another flight (next
day) to Glasgow?

I really would like to take this trip, but am not willing to shell out
$1400 - when I could spend a week in Hawaii for less than this amount
including hotel and car!!

TIA...much appreciated!
Old March 25th, 2004, 08:04 AM
mtravelkay

cj wrote:

[...]

It looks like you can get LAX to LHR (London) for $868 for your dates on
AA. I found tickets for $140 (on BMI) from LHR to Glasgow on
Travelocity (for June 19-27), so if you get them from the airline, you
might save the $5 fee. That puts the total around $1000.

Old March 25th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Steve

LAX-GLA 6/19 6/26 1081.16 tax included
that is a consolidator fare - high penalty for change and cancel with some
not allowed at all

it looks like seat availability might be a large part of your shopping
difficulty - as in - the lower fares have already been purchased by others -
but for 6/19 and 6/26 a few seats haven't been sold yet

Old March 25th, 2004, 07:03 PM
mtravelkay

Steve wrote:
LAX-GLA 6/19 6/26 1081.16 tax included
that is a consolidator fare - high penalty for change and cancel with some
not allowed at all

Why book with a consolidator for almost $1100, if the fare for the dates
they wanted is just over $1000 if booked LAX to LHR on AA (and MRTC) and
LHR-GLA on BMI?

Old March 25th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Jon

If you could to go to Canada Zoom fly from Toronto, Calgary,
Vancouver, Halifax and Ottawa to Glasgow for about £70 www.flyzoom.com
Old March 25th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Frank F. Matthews

I'm not sure what you are looking for. Flights from LAX to Glasgow are
as low as $1200 on travelocity. You might get $100 -200 lower by
playing around with connections or a consolidator. It's unlikely that
you will manage to get significantly under $1000 for an early high
season ticket. FFM

Old March 26th, 2004, 12:55 AM
Frank F. Matthews

They appear to be more like $700 than £70. And you have to add getting
to Vancouver. Next they have no flights available on the appropriate
schedule. FFM

Old March 26th, 2004, 08:12 AM
AJC

On 25 Mar 2004 10:25:36 -0800, (Jon)
wrote:

If you could to go to Canada Zoom fly from Toronto, Calgary,
Vancouver, Halifax and Ottawa to Glasgow for about £70
www.flyzoom.com

What utter rubbish. You can not fly from Vancouver to Glasgow 'for
about £70'.
Old March 26th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Jon

i got it for £70 not long ago but if you cant get the dates you want.
You could go via Dublin with Aer Lingus maybe?
Old March 26th, 2004, 09:03 PM
cj

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions. Found tickets for $588 +
tax to London and we'll drive up to Glasgow. Not a bad deal for prime
travel season and the segment across the Atlantic is on Virgin!!