Crossing the border with a keg?

Old May 19th, 2007, 12:36 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Wayne[_2_]

Default Crossing the border with a keg?

Hello,

I am going to be venturing the Canada with a group of friends...as the title
of this message would indicate, we are considering bringing one or more kegs
into Canada with us.

What would the hit be at the border? I know each person over 21 is allowed
a case of beer and/or 1 litre of liquor...but I can't find any mention of
kegs. I'm sure it's come up at least once before...

Thanks for any input.
Wayne.

Old May 19th, 2007, 02:04 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sechumlib

On 2007-05-18 19:36:58 -0400, "Wayne" said:

Hello,

I am going to be venturing the Canada with a group of friends...as the title
of this message would indicate, we are considering bringing one or more kegs
into Canada with us.

What would the hit be at the border? I know each person over 21 is allowed
a case of beer and/or 1 litre of liquor...but I can't find any mention of
kegs. I'm sure it's come up at least once before...

Thanks for any input.

I'm pretty sure a keg holds more than a case. You could look it up.

Does that lead you to any conclusions?

Old May 19th, 2007, 02:15 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Wayne[_2_]

On 2007-05-18 19:36:58 -0400, "Wayne" said:

Hello,

I am going to be venturing the Canada with a group of friends...as the
title
of this message would indicate, we are considering bringing one or more
kegs
into Canada with us.

What would the hit be at the border? I know each person over 21 is
allowed
a case of beer and/or 1 litre of liquor...but I can't find any mention of
kegs. I'm sure it's come up at least once before...

Thanks for any input.

I'm pretty sure a keg holds more than a case. You could look it up.

Does that lead you to any conclusions?

1 keg = 6.875 cases. I can do math, thanks. Still doesn't answer the
question though.
Never use logic when thinking about alcohol laws.

Old May 19th, 2007, 02:23 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian K

On 5/18/2007 9:15 PM Wayne wrote:

On 2007-05-18 19:36:58 -0400, "Wayne" said:

Hello,

I am going to be venturing the Canada with a group of friends...as the
title
of this message would indicate, we are considering bringing one or more
kegs
into Canada with us.

What would the hit be at the border? I know each person over 21 is
allowed
a case of beer and/or 1 litre of liquor...but I can't find any mention of
kegs. I'm sure it's come up at least once before...

Thanks for any input.

I'm pretty sure a keg holds more than a case. You could look it up.

Does that lead you to any conclusions?

1 keg = 6.875 cases. I can do math, thanks. Still doesn't answer the
question though.
Never use logic when thinking about alcohol laws.

Canadian beer can't be *that* bad!

--
____
Brian M. Kochera
Old May 19th, 2007, 02:51 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sechumlib

On 2007-05-18 21:23:13 -0400, Brian K said:

Canadian beer can't be *that* bad!

No, actually it's pretty damn good.

Old May 19th, 2007, 02:56 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Wayne[_2_]

"Brian K" wrote in message
nk.net...

Canadian beer can't be *that* bad!

--
____
Brian M. Kochera
____

It's not, but it is expensive! 36.35 loonies (33 USD) for a case of Labatt
Blue or Molson.

Just investigating some options

Old May 19th, 2007, 03:15 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alohacyberian

nk.net...

On 2007-05-18 19:36:58 -0400, "Wayne" said:

Hello,

I am going to be venturing the Canada with a group of friends...as the
title
of this message would indicate, we are considering bringing one or more
kegs
into Canada with us.

What would the hit be at the border? I know each person over 21 is
allowed
a case of beer and/or 1 litre of liquor...but I can't find any mention
of
kegs. I'm sure it's come up at least once before...

Thanks for any input.

I'm pretty sure a keg holds more than a case. You could look it up.

Does that lead you to any conclusions?

1 keg = 6.875 cases. I can do math, thanks. Still doesn't answer the
question though.
Never use logic when thinking about alcohol laws.

Canadian beer can't be *that* bad!

Don't they sell American beer in Canada? KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website view over 3,600 live cameras or
visit NASA, the Vatican, the Smithsonian, the Louvre, CIA, FBI, and

Old May 19th, 2007, 07:07 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

On Fri, 18 May 2007 23:36:58 GMT, "Wayne"
wrote:

Hello,

I am going to be venturing the Canada with a group of friends...as the title
of this message would indicate, we are considering bringing one or more kegs
into Canada with us.

What would the hit be at the border? I know each person over 21 is allowed
a case of beer and/or 1 litre of liquor...but I can't find any mention of
kegs. I'm sure it's come up at least once before...

The real question here is: Why would anyone in their right mind
want to take American beer into Canada?

Old May 19th, 2007, 07:18 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Mike O'Sullivan

Alohacyberian wrote:

Don't they sell American beer in Canada?

I was in Canada with a friend who drinks Budseiser (for some reason!).
He pointed out to me that the Bud available in Canada was stronger than
in the US, something like 5.5% against 4.5%.
Old May 19th, 2007, 07:31 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

On Sat, 19 May 2007 07:18:59 +0100, Mike O'Sullivan
wrote:

Alohacyberian wrote:

Don't they sell American beer in Canada?

I was in Canada with a friend who drinks Budseiser (for some reason!).
He pointed out to me that the Bud available in Canada was stronger than
in the US, something like 5.5% against 4.5%.

That may vary by state.