How much is gas in your area?

Old March 25th, 2004, 10:03 AM
~~ Ray ~~

Default How much is gas in your area?

Sorry i forgot we were working in gallons........

West Yorkshire, United Kingdom 75.8p (US$1.46) per litre for unleaded (95)

West Yorkshire, United Kingdom £3.41 (US$6.57) per gallon for unleaded (95)

Hope this makes it more clear, yep we are def more.......... MORE......
expensive!!!!!!!

£3.41 or US$5.57 PER GALLON!!!!!!!!

"Joe Momma" wrote in message

"~~ Ray ~~" wrote in message
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom 75.8p (US$1.46) per litre for unleaded (95)

i thought american fuel was cheap??? the prices shown look more expensive
than ours!!!!
$1.92/$2.02/$2.12 US

$1.92 is per gallon. I'm not sure how many litres are in a gallon, but I'm
sure UK gas is still much more expensive.

Old March 25th, 2004, 10:04 AM
~~ Ray ~~

Sorry i forgot we were working in gallons........

West Yorkshire, United Kingdom 75.8p (US$1.46) per litre for unleaded (95)

West Yorkshire, United Kingdom £3.41 (US$6.57) per gallon for unleaded (95)

Hope this makes it more clear, yep we are def more.......... MORE......
expensive!!!!!!!

£3.41 or US$5.57 PER GALLON!!!!!!!!

"atlantamex" wrote in message
om...
$1.92/$2.02/$2.12 US

Old March 25th, 2004, 10:08 AM
mtravelkay

~~ Ray ~~ wrote:

Sorry i forgot we were working in gallons........

West Yorkshire, United Kingdom 75.8p (US$1.46) per litre for unleaded (95)

West Yorkshire, United Kingdom £3.41 (US$6.57) per gallon for unleaded (95)

75.8 * 3.7854 would give you less then about 2.87 GBP per US gallon
How did you get 3.41?

Old March 25th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Mark Hewitt

"mtravelkay" wrote in message
. com...

~~ Ray ~~ wrote:

Sorry i forgot we were working in gallons........

West Yorkshire, United Kingdom 75.8p (US$1.46) per litre for unleaded

(95)

West Yorkshire, United Kingdom £3.41 (US$6.57) per gallon for unleaded

(95)

75.8 * 3.7854 would give you less then about 2.87 GBP per US gallon
How did you get 3.41?

The price he's quoting is correct however it's the price per UK gallon.

The price per US Gallon is indeed £2.87. or US$5.20 at todays exchange.

Must say his price for fuel is cheap, it's more like 78-80p where I go. Some
service stations can be 82p but they are always more expensive.

Old March 25th, 2004, 12:29 PM
R J Carpenter

R J Carpenter wrote:
"atlantamex" wrote in message
.com...

$1.92/$2.02/$2.12 US

Montgomery County, MD $0.79 per US gallon in 1980 dollars
one 2004 dollar is worth 44 cents in 1980

dollars
$1.80 per US gallon in 2004 dollars
approx $0.47 per liter in 2004 dollars

What was the price in Mongomery County in 1980? In 1980 with 2004
dollars?

I understand the price in 1980 was about $0.80 a gallon in 1980 dollars.
The point being that, adjusted for inflation, we are about equal to the 1980
price.

Old March 25th, 2004, 01:42 PM
~~ Ray ~~

God we pay alot............ i was told we pay something like
80% Tax & 20% Fuel in ratio terms.

And like our yearly tax in the UK.........
22% tax with the remainning 78% we have to deduct another 2% for national
insurance. We nearly loose 25% of the money. working in basic terms not
including the tax breaks

Get the feeling we're getting taken for a ride???

Old March 25th, 2004, 01:48 PM
~~ Ray ~~

oh before anyone disagrees with me, i should add in........

i dont visit the doctors, last titme i went in was in the mid 80's for some
hayfever tablets. now i just buy them over the counter. Anyway i think im
on a private sugery list anyway. Also i have private dental, oh...... i did
have a x-ray in '98 and had a pot casted cause i fractured my hand.

i dont claim pension yet, dont live in a council house, dont claim tax
credit. must be loads people out there like me working 9 hrs a day, just
above the min. hourly rate.

where ever the money is going i feel like i have a son/daughter somewhere
that i have not yet met.

Old March 25th, 2004, 01:54 PM
~~ Ray ~~

Sorry just releasing some stress. Its the end of the buget year
again........ and wondering how much tax is going to go up, if national ins
getting another 1%, how much fuel tax, how much road tax.

God sooner or later im not going to be able to pay for the alcohol too,
since they like to add tax on that.

ok, change subjects now........ since this is a travel NG not a politics
NG.
If everyone got that 25% tax rebate where would everyone go on holiday?

I'd go for a little island with blue sea, soft sand, with two palm trees
with a hammock in between the trees, with a nice big sea turtle crawling in
the sand........ my dream island.

Old March 25th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Mark Hewitt

"~~ Ray ~~" wrote in message
Sorry just releasing some stress. Its the end of the buget year
again........ and wondering how much tax is going to go up, if national

ins
getting another 1%, how much fuel tax, how much road tax.

Petrol 1.9p Diesel 2.5p. They are also lifting the tax freeze on LPG.

God sooner or later im not going to be able to pay for the alcohol too,
since they like to add tax on that.

1p on beer, 4p on a bottle of wine. New administration on spirits means
prices likely to rise there too.

Old March 25th, 2004, 02:12 PM
~~ Ray ~~

whats the tories policy?

Labour are also passing the 24hr pub Lic. arent they? as well as reforming
the gambling Lic.

Sooner or later we all going to be alcoholics and gambolics my term