tickets to ft myers

Old March 24th, 2004, 03:55 AM
jersey tomato

Default tickets to ft myers

Old March 24th, 2004, 05:24 AM
mtravelkay

jersey tomato wrote:
does anyone out there have any suggestions on how my family - 4 of us -
can get tickets at a reasonable price from Atlantic City to Ft Myers on
or around April 5th - returning on the 12th?

Don't fly from AC to Ft Myers. Use major airports.
Look for fare sales
Book further in advance the next time. April 5 is less than 2 weeks away.

That said.. Spirit has seats available nonstop for $415 from ACY. US Air
has the about the same price from PHL.
www.spiritair.com is the website. There are cheap flights outbound, but
the return leg is expensive probably because it is Easter Monday.

Old March 24th, 2004, 07:56 AM
mtravelkay

Hilary wrote:

does anyone out there have any suggestions on how my family - 4 of us -
can get tickets at a reasonable price from Atlantic City to Ft Myers on
or around April 5th - returning on the 12th?

Book a few months in advance for flights over Easter. It's probably too
late to get a decent flight now - many flights have their economy classes
completely sold out.

There are some cheaper fares if he is flexible. If he goes 4/5-11, he
can get it $330.21 each. $415.70 foi 4/5-12 With enough advanced
notice, the fare is around $200-220.

Old March 24th, 2004, 02:37 PM
cj

mtravelkay wrote:

Hilary wrote:

does anyone out there have any suggestions on how my family - 4 of us -
can get tickets at a reasonable price from Atlantic City to Ft Myers on
or around April 5th - returning on the 12th?

Book a few months in advance for flights over Easter. It's probably
too late to get a decent flight now - many flights have their economy
classes completely sold out.

There are some cheaper fares if he is flexible. If he goes 4/5-11, he
can get it $330.21 each. $415.70 foi 4/5-12 With enough advanced
notice, the fare is around $200-220.

I noticed that spirit also had their sale for a return on the 13th
(~$100/ow). I'd say taking an extra day of vacation would warrant the
savings of $800.00 (4*$200)
Old March 25th, 2004, 12:57 AM
User 1.nospam

It can't hurt to take a shot on Priceline.

Old March 25th, 2004, 07:07 AM
mtravelkay

User 1.nospam wrote:

It can't hurt to take a shot on Priceline.

It would be difficult to get something decent for Easter Monday then the
best they can do is fly from Phila. With lack of flight choice, they
might not get back to Phile until late Monday and then they still have
to drive to Atlantic City. Given the hassle factor, I think they should
delay the return by a day and they would save $700-800.