Boycott Mexico too?

Old January 15th, 2006, 07:31 PM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Boycott Mexico too?

A number of people have been calling for a boycott of Aruba, since the
government there seems to be dragging its feet in the Natalee Hollaway
case.

Might Mexico open its eyes if all we gringos called a tourist boycott?
In specifically, I would like for Fox and friends to get their back into the
drug smuggling and murders. And I would like for Bush and Fox, and the
100 worthless American senators and the 400 plus equally worthless
congressmen, to deal with the illegal alien issues.

Boycott Aruba AND Mexico!

Old January 15th, 2006, 10:30 PM posted to rec.travel.air

wrote
A number of people have been calling for a boycott of Aruba, since the
government there seems to be dragging its feet in the Natalee Hollaway
case.

Having once been to Aruba, about as far from a tropical island paradise as
any of the Caribbean Isles I recall, I had already passed on vacationing
there.

Might Mexico open its eyes if all we gringos called a tourist boycott?
In specifically, I would like for Fox and friends to get their back into
the
drug smuggling and murders. And I would like for Bush and Fox, and the
100 worthless American senators and the 400 plus equally worthless
congressmen, to deal with the illegal alien issues.

"Deal with" the illegal alien issue? Let's see, before blaming Bush and Fox
(and with the clear understanding that after oil revenue, remittances by
Mexicans living in the US, working and sending money home is now #2 in the
makeup of mexico's GNP, passing tourism of recent years), the place to start
is in your home town and elsewhere, "boycotting" all those US businesses
that flagrantly violate US law by employing directly or indirectly
"illegals", then you might stop by the state and federal courts which mave
mandated that health care and social services be provided to those illegals,
just before asking "La Migra" why illegals apprehended in much of the US are
simply realeased and given a summons to appear in immigration court, a
choice few seem to exercise.

Then, since illegals form a big chunk of the independent subcontractors in
the US residential roofing trades, check to make sure that all those green
cards and SS numbers are valid the next tiime you reroof your house. Need
some concrete finished? Check the documents of the guys with the skimmers
and trowels. Power company trimming trees with an indfependent contractor in
your neighborhood? My goodness, do those fellows have residence permits,
the real sort, not the kind purchased at the buis station. Try Spanish for
communication, since many will have only a fragment or two of English at
hand.

Boycott Aruba AND Mexico!

Go to work! Take an illegal's job.

TMO

Old January 15th, 2006, 10:42 PM posted to rec.travel.air

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 19:31:24 GMT, wrote:

A number of people have been calling for a boycott of Aruba, since the
government there seems to be dragging its feet in the Natalee Hollaway
case.

Might Mexico open its eyes if all we gringos called a tourist boycott?
In specifically, I would like for Fox and friends to get their back into the
drug smuggling and murders. And I would like for Bush and Fox, and the
100 worthless American senators and the 400 plus equally worthless
congressmen, to deal with the illegal alien issues.

Boycott Aruba AND Mexico!

While you make some valid points, it's not bloody
likely.
Old January 15th, 2006, 10:56 PM posted to rec.travel.air

wrote in message
Boycott Aruba AND Mexico!

While you make some valid points, it's not bloody
likely.

True.. And I knew it when I posted.

And in reponse to the other posters challenges, I have no doubt that
Mexican laborers are helpful here. Then let the government get a
guest worker program going so that they can work legally, pay taxed,
drive legally, get car insurance, etc.

The problem is not with the people, so much as it is with the lazy assed
politicians.

Old January 16th, 2006, 10:31 PM posted to rec.travel.air

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 22:56:05 GMT, wrote:

wrote in message
Boycott Aruba AND Mexico!

While you make some valid points, it's not bloody
likely.

True.. And I knew it when I posted.

And in reponse to the other posters challenges, I have no doubt that
Mexican laborers are helpful here. Then let the government get a
guest worker program going so that they can work legally, pay taxed,
drive legally, get car insurance, etc.

The problem is not with the people, so much as it is with the lazy assed
politicians.

Hear, hear! Gawd should only forbid they have to pay SSI, whatever,
for the woman who does their housework, laundry, and provides daycare
for their children, so the other parent can be going to exercise
class, manicure, shopping....