Stinko flight

Old May 13th, 2006, 11:06 PM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Stinko flight

The global carriers need to enact a rule that people who arrive at a flight
with unacceptable personal hygiene will not be allowed to board unless and
until
they clean up their act.

I understand that people who are on long connecting flights cannot be as
pristine as daisies, but -DAMN- some of these people bring tears to your
eyes,
and I dont believe it is anything but cultural nastiness.

I suspect that you all, who have made long international flights, have been
'offended' by this sort of passenger before.

Cant something be done??

Old May 13th, 2006, 11:41 PM posted to rec.travel.air

I suspect that you all, who have made long international flights, have been
'offended' by this sort of passenger before.

Yes I have, but was lucky enough not to have to set by them. Just
wondered if they knew what soap and water were.

Cant something be done??

Bring a can of air freshener.

Old May 14th, 2006, 01:18 AM posted to rec.travel.air

On Sat, 13 May 2006 22:06:15 GMT, wrote:

The global carriers need to enact a rule that people who arrive at a flight
with unacceptable personal hygiene will not be allowed to board unless and
until
they clean up their act.

I understand that people who are on long connecting flights cannot be as
pristine as daisies, but -DAMN- some of these people bring tears to your
eyes,
and I dont believe it is anything but cultural nastiness.

I suspect that you all, who have made long international flights, have been
'offended' by this sort of passenger before.

Cant something be done??

Oi, veh. Yeah, just what we need. More rules. I can see Shrub
tomorrow:

"We will no longer tolerate BO."

Get a life, already.

Old May 14th, 2006, 01:02 PM posted to rec.travel.air

"mrtravel" wrote in message news:qox9g.86570
If it bothers you that much, take another flight
If it is bothering others and they complain, the offending person will
be removed. If it only bothers you, then maybe you're the problem

In this case, it was bothering a LOT of us. We were exposed to this group
of stinkers after going through the security checkin in AMS. People moved
away from the 'group', tears came to eyes, etc, but the flight was boarding
and
nobody wanted to make a scene.

I was lucky. I didn't have to sit near them.

But in the past, I HAVE been forced to sit amongst this sort of carrion.
These
flights are usually FULL and there is no chance to change your seating
arrangements.

When people make statements like 'get a life', it shows just how stupid they
are.

Old May 15th, 2006, 12:13 AM posted to rec.travel.air

"Maxx" wrote in message
oups.com...

Sadly enough, no one will get up to go to the lav if they can squeeze
one off in the seat. That's where the air nozzles come in handy. A
gentle breeze blowing down the front of your face is a pleasant releif.

The thing that bothers me is peanut breath.

A fart would smell better than these characters.

I started using surgical masks a few years ago when SARS was an issue.
Found it really stopped 'travelers colds', so I still wear them. I guess
they
would not filter out the stench, but the N95's are supposed to offer some
protection from avian flu.