Partial list of mainstream and Strictly Gay Cruises

Old October 14th, 2004, 02:09 PM

A. Scott wrote in message . ..
Jan,

Would you provide the name of the sites where you got this
information? This sounds like agencies just trying to fool the gay
community in the way in which you may have felt fooled.

I repeat with great confidence, the only charters with enough
following to be able to book entire ships on a charter are the three I
mentioned befo Atlantis, RSVP, and Olivia. I encourage you to
check their sites for the real ones and ignore the sources that list
those below.

I wouldn't call your concern a "bashing" situation. I would be
concerned as a a member of the gay community of being the lone
homosexual on a cruise of all Southern Baptists...it's just not how I
prefer to spend my vacation.

I hope you're able to find a vacation you'll enjoy. We all deserve to
have a good time on our time away from our careers.

Thanks.

On 7 Oct 2004 06:02:35 -0700,
) wrote:

Here's a list of chartered "strictly gay cruises" and a small list of
cruises that are in the mainstream cruises. I only know the small
list because it says it in the title of the cruise. I am "just
guessing" that these mainstream cruises are predominantly gay only by
the title of the cruise. There is no way of knowing. Calling your
travel agent or the cruise line will not help as they cannot tell you.
The list of gay hotels and gay resorts and gay vacations is much more
extensive. In fact one site has nicknamed their vacations as
"Gayribbean" vacations.

Celebrity Constellation - 10/1
Celebrity Millenium - 11/28
Cunard QE2 12/15
Celebrity Infinity 2/13
Celebrity Constellation 2/19
Seabourne Price 3/15
Celebrity Infinity 43/15
Celebrity Mercury 4/24
RCL Voyager of the Seas 5/29
Celebrity Constellation 6/18
Celebrity Galaxy 7/25
Celebrity Summit 8/19
Celectity Millenium 8/26
Celebrity Constellation 9/10
Cunard QE2 - 10/4
Celebrity Constellation 10/5
Celebrity Millenium 11/27
Celebrity Infinity 12/24
Celebrity Constallation 2/18
Celebrity Summit 4/9
Cunard QE2 date???
Cunard QM2 6/9
Cunard QM2 8/27
Celebrity Millenium 11/25
Celebrity Infinity 4/6
RCL Navigator 1/29
Celebrity Constellation 3/12
Celebrity Infinity 8/21
RCL Brilliance of the Seas 8/31
RCL Brilliance of the Seas 9/9
RCL Navigator of the Seas 1/29
Cunard QM@ 12/20/04
Celebrity Infinity 4/6
Celebrity Mercury 4/24
Celebrity Mercvury 5/4
Celebrity Constellation 3/12
Windjammer Cruise 4/4
Celebrity Constellation 6/18
Celebrity Galaxy 7/25
Cunard QM2 6/9
Mediterranean Sojourn 8/26
Celebrity Galaxy 6/18
Celebrity Galaxy 8/5
All Gay Carribbean Cruise 2/20 (Ship???)
Cunard QM@ 3/17
Celebrity Infinity 8/21
Celebrity Constellation 2/19
Barcelone to Athens 7/29 (ship???)
All Gay Alaska Cruise 9/3/05 (Ship??)
MS Oosterdam 9/3
Holland America Westerdam 2/20
SV Royal Clipper 3/12

The above is a partial list of "All Gay Charters"

Mainstream cruises (Here are just a few)

Delta Steamboat "Gay Days Cruise" American Queen 10/28/04
Mississippi Riverboat "Gay Days Cruise" 10/28/05
Carnival Sensation "Official Gay Days Mardi Gras Cruise 8/27/05
Royal Caribbean Sovereign of the Seas "Gay Days Cruise" 5/27/05
Carnival Fascination "Gay Days Cruise" 5/30/05

Happy cruising to All!
Jan

Hi Scott,

The list is a list of all gay cruises as advertised on the three main
gay travel agents. RSVP (Gay cruises), Olivia (lesbian cruises),
Atlantis (gay cruises). The rest are from Ocean Voyager, Friends of
Dorothy, and more sponsored by Travelocity and Orbitz. You could
check Travelocity for a list of Gay/lesbian travel companies. When I
posted my first message the cruises that I found were not disclosed as
"gay group cruises". They were advertised without the word "group".
ALL travel sites are prohibited from advertising any group cruises
(ie. religious, ethnic, special interest etc.) without disclosing that
they are group cruises. They can advertise charters on their sites -
because they are in fact charters and if the entire ship is bought and
paid for by a group of veterans, moose lodge, or dentists, it is
theirs exclusively cruises. The sites have since been changed and
apparently have been told that they must disclose that a cruise cannot
be advertised as a "gay cruise" unless it is.

I posted the list for people who were interested or not interested in
gay cruises. It is for both. Contrary to what the posters in this
group want to believe or not believe, I am not gay bashing. If they
want to interpret it as that - so beit. They can believe what they
want. I'm not concerned about it.
I read enough of the different groups to know how they work. I
usually just use the archives to get information that I am looking for
on a specific subject. That way I can just read the original post and
not have to bother with the rest of the junk.

I'm with you, I like a mixed group of people. I would not care for an
all men or all women vacation. As with newgroups, I like information -
not chat rooms.
If you need more information on what you are looking for - try the
archives on
your specific subject. The first post will usually tell you the
information that you need to know, the second post and beyond will
tell you where the subject is going with the group.

Have a great day! I hope, you too, will have great future vacations.

Jan
Old October 18th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Becca

Mary Foster wrote:

Becca, that mental image makes the Mah Jong group we actually cruised
with seem much more acceptable than it did at first... But I will
never forget those little blue-haired ladies from the east coast!

Mary, I never knew Mahjong players were so competitive until I met these
women on the cruise. Did you notice they had jewelry, clothes and
purses that were accessorized with Mahjong tiles?

Becca -----I guess everybody needs a hobby...

Sleazy3 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy3.htm
MOAGC http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com/
Miracle in May http://www.cruisemaster.com/miracle.htm

Old October 18th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Becca wrote:

Mary Foster wrote:

Becca, that mental image makes the Mah Jong group we actually cruised
with seem much more acceptable than it did at first... But I will
never forget those little blue-haired ladies from the east coast!

Mary, I never knew Mahjong players were so competitive until I met these
women on the cruise. Did you notice they had jewelry, clothes and
purses that were accessorized with Mahjong tiles?

I used to play Mahjong, but my group was a "friendly" group, we
weren't very competitive. I would guess that is someone is going to
book a mahjong cruise, they are very competitive and serious about the
game.

sue