Western Loop

Old June 16th, 2012, 06:03 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Dan Stephenson

Default Western Loop

I recently returned from a 27-day trip around the western United
States: from Texas, through New Mexico and White Sands, the Petrified
Forest and Grand Canyon of Arizona, the Pacific Coast Highway north to
Washington State, to Glacier National Park and incredible scenic
driving in Montana, and south through Yellowstone and Grand Tetons
National Parks in Wyoming, and home via Colorado.

Thanks to the several people who gave me some advice. Here is a record
of my trip. I hope it can be useful to someone else doing something
like this. rsvp if you have questions.

http://web.mac.com/stepheda/Western_...012_Index.html

I also have other USA travels at:

http://web.mac.com/stepheda/Home_Pag...es_Travel.html

Apple is going to kill off mobileme at some point so email me if these
links are broken - maybe I will have another webhoster setup by then.

--
Dan Stephenson
http://web.mac.com/stepheda

Old June 16th, 2012, 09:14 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

"Dan Stephenson" wrote in message
[...]

Great package I'll spend a few hours reviewing later

Big Sur - "Don't know what to make of this"

What's in question ?

Old June 17th, 2012, 12:33 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Neville MADDEN

"- Bobb -" wrote in :

"Dan Stephenson" wrote in message
I recently returned from a 27-day trip around the western United
States: from Texas, through New Mexico and White Sands, the Petrified
Forest and Grand Canyon of Arizona, the Pacific Coast Highway north to
Washington State, to Glacier National Park and incredible scenic
driving in Montana, and south through Yellowstone and Grand Tetons
National Parks in Wyoming, and home via Colorado.

Dan

Great presentation. Have changed some of my trip plans after viewing
this. Will buy a panoramic lens for the Canon.

Thanks

Neville
Queensland
Australia

Old June 18th, 2012, 11:21 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

http://web.mac.com/stepheda/Western_...y_2012.html#19
Did you see any climbers ? ( Tiny 'moving dots' if viewed from the valley)

http://web.mac.com/stepheda/Western_...y_2012.html#16
Did you see PBS 'National Parks' ?
The valley used to be occupied by native Americans until we evicted them -
to "rent it out". Then govt finally put back as it was.

Old June 19th, 2012, 02:15 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Dan Stephenson

On 2012-06-16 15:14:08 -0500, - Bobb - said:

[...]

Glad to hear it, giving ideas is part of the plan

Big Sur - "Don't know what to make of this"

What's in question ?

Well it is easy to anthropomorphize the behavior to mean the animal
wants to get attention or show affection. Maybe there is a
parent/child relationship going on. My question was to get help from
anone who understands seal behavior, to help figure it out.

By the way - gee, that's a large file. Ha. I did not realize it as I
want slinging stuff together between iPhoto and iWeb.

Say: any advice on a webhoster to switch to?

Old June 19th, 2012, 02:19 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Dan Stephenson

On 2012-06-16 18:33:21 -0500, Neville MADDEN said:

"- Bobb -" wrote in :

"Dan Stephenson" wrote in message
I recently returned from a 27-day trip around the western United
States: from Texas, through New Mexico and White Sands, the Petrified
Forest and Grand Canyon of Arizona, the Pacific Coast Highway north to
Washington State, to Glacier National Park and incredible scenic
driving in Montana, and south through Yellowstone and Grand Tetons
National Parks in Wyoming, and home via Colorado.

Dan

Great presentation. Have changed some of my trip plans after viewing
this. Will buy a panoramic lens for the Canon.

That warms my heart to hear it. This group and rec.travel.europe
should be forums for travel idea exchange, not scams.

By the way, I don't know if you use a Mac, but if you do, look into the
software called DoubleTake. It is a wonderful photo stitcher that 99%
handles every thing for you. I drag photos from iPhoto and drop them
on the DoubleTake icon, and *POOF*, the successive photos are magically
stiched into a panorama. Click the "iPhoto" icon in DoubleTake and it
sends it into iPhoto.

So: DoubleTake has basically made my wide adapter for my camera obsolete.

Even if you use another OS - see if there is a super slitch
auto-stitcher like this, that may serve for you what DoubleTake has for
me.

Thanks

You are welcome and good luck,
Dan

Neville
Queensland
Australia

Old June 19th, 2012, 02:23 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Dan Stephenson

On 2012-06-18 17:21:34 -0500, - Bobb - said:

http://web.mac.com/stepheda/Western_...y_2012.html#19
Did you see any climbers ? ( Tiny 'moving dots' if viewed from the valley)

I know what you are talking about, and I looked, but I did not see anything.

http://web.mac.com/stepheda/Western_...y_2012.html#16
Did you see PBS 'National Parks' ?
The valley used to be occupied by native Americans until we evicted
them - to "rent it out". Then govt finally put back as it was.

Hmm, I do not recall e.g. at the visitor center, anything about
aboriginals of the area. I wouldn't be surprised if it was occupied.
It is relatively lush as compared to the semi-arid central valley to
the west and the deserts to the east. There is a strong river in the
valley, and actually quite a bit of flat plain that could support
agriculture. And lots of game.

Dan

Old December 31st, 2013, 07:03 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Dan Stephenson

On 2012-06-16 00:03:59 -0500, Dan Stephenson said:

I recently returned from a 27-day trip around the western United
States: from Texas, through New Mexico and White Sands, the Petrified
Forest and Grand Canyon of Arizona, the Pacific Coast Highway north to
Washington State, to Glacier National Park and incredible scenic
driving in Montana, and south through Yellowstone and Grand Tetons
National Parks in Wyoming, and home via Colorado.

Thanks to the several people who gave me some advice. Here is a record
of my trip. I hope it can be useful to someone else doing something
like this. rsvp if you have questions.

http://web.mac.com/stepheda/Western_...012_Index.html

I also have other USA travels at:

http://web.mac.com/stepheda/Home_Pag...es_Travel.html

Apple is going to kill off mobileme at some point so email me if these
links are broken - maybe I will have another webhoster setup by then.

fyi new page

http://stepheda.com/Western_Loop_201...012_Index.html

--
Dan Stephenson