Alaska Airlines still doesn't care about safety

Old August 9th, 2012, 11:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting;,rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

Default Alaska Airlines still doesn't care about safety

You'd think that losing an entire aircraft with 88 people aboard due to greed
and inadequate maintenance would have taught Alaska Airlines something, but it
hasn't. Look at this latest example of ignoring safety:

http://us.cnn.com/2012/08/08/travel/...ote/index.html
Old August 9th, 2012, 01:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
JohnT[_8_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
You'd think that losing an entire aircraft with 88 people aboard due to
greed
and inadequate maintenance would have taught Alaska Airlines something,
but it
hasn't. Look at this latest example of ignoring safety:

http://us.cnn.com/2012/08/08/travel/...ote/index.html

But the FAA said it was safe to fly. And you haven't been outside Paris for
the past 10 years so how does it give you a problem?

--
JohnT

Old August 9th, 2012, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

JohnT writes:

But the FAA said it was safe to fly.

The FAA approved the maintenance delays back in 2000, too. And look where that
led. Just because the FAA doesn't forbid something doesn't make it a good
idea. Alaska Airlines elected to cut corners out of a total lack of concern
for safety and pure greed, and apparently they are still doing it today.

And you haven't been outside Paris for the past 10 years so how does
it give you a problem?

Aviation safety is one of my interests. I don't limit my interest in safety to
situations that affect me personally; I worry about the safety of others as
well. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of people like that (especially in
management at Alaska Airlines).
Old August 9th, 2012, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Bert[_2_]

In Mxsmanic
wrote:

The FAA approved the maintenance delays back in 2000, too. And look
where that led. Just because the FAA doesn't forbid something doesn't
make it a good idea.

But it's from The Government, so it must be good.

--
St. Paul, MN
Old August 9th, 2012, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

Bert writes:

But it's from The Government, so it must be good.

I think that was essentially what Alaska Airlines has claimed in both cases,
but the argument rings a bit hollow, especially to next of kin.
Old August 9th, 2012, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
[email protected]

In rec.aviation.piloting Mxsmanic wrote:
JohnT writes:

But the FAA said it was safe to fly.

The FAA approved the maintenance delays back in 2000, too. And look where that
led.

And just where was that, exactly?

Just because the FAA doesn't forbid something doesn't make it a good
idea.

Nor does it make it a bad idea.

Alaska Airlines elected to cut corners out of a total lack of concern
for safety and pure greed, and apparently they are still doing it today.

And you know this how?

And you haven't been outside Paris for the past 10 years so how does
it give you a problem?

Aviation safety is one of my interests. I don't limit my interest in safety to
situations that affect me personally; I worry about the safety of others as
well. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of people like that (especially in
management at Alaska Airlines).

Essentially you have libeled Alaska Airlines; what do you have to back
up these accusations?

Old August 10th, 2012, 01:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

writes:

I notice you keep talking about "reports" that are neither named nor
quoted.

Google is your friend. They are all available online, and they are quite
interesting if you like the topic of aviation safety.