I saw the Rotterdam V Last Week

Old February 29th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Odysseus

Default I saw the Rotterdam V Last Week

I saw the Rembrandt ex Rotterdam V laid up in Freeport. On the way back
from touring the Island, I had the cab driver drive me past the old ship.

She looked like a ghost ship. Nobody was around. It was like looking at a
once grand and beautiful lady all alone wasting away in a nursing home.

The Big Red Boat II is also laid up in Freeport. She is also deteriorating
but appears to have some activity. At times there is smoke coming out of
one of the funnels. Her bright red color has faded and the word "The" in
her name "The Big Red Boat II" has been painted over.

Before you ask, I don't have any pictures or either vessel.

Old February 29th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Buddy Romaine

I wonder how those ships feel seeing their offspring sail by proudly
while they're tied down permanently. If I saw either of those old
ships there, I'd have to turn my head and pretend I didn't see them...

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:15:22 GMT, Odysseus wrote:

I saw the Rembrandt ex Rotterdam V laid up in Freeport. On the way back
from touring the Island, I had the cab driver drive me past the old ship.

She looked like a ghost ship. Nobody was around. It was like looking at a
once grand and beautiful lady all alone wasting away in a nursing home.

The Big Red Boat II is also laid up in Freeport. She is also deteriorating
but appears to have some activity. At times there is smoke coming out of
one of the funnels. Her bright red color has faded and the word "The" in
her name "The Big Red Boat II" has been painted over.

Before you ask, I don't have any pictures or either vessel.

Carnival Tropicale 1982
NCL Dawn 2004

Old March 1st, 2004, 02:38 AM
Me

Ganja

Kaya, kif, herbs. Sparky Lyle is in full effect! Ya Mon!
Old March 2nd, 2004, 12:32 AM
Val Kraut

Do you know the original name of the Big red boat II. Our first cruise was
on the Oceanic which I believe was one of the Big Reds. Somehow I think
she's in the med now.

Val Kraut

Old March 3rd, 2004, 09:39 PM
Raoul Fiebig

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 00:32:50 GMT, "Val Kraut"
wrote:

Do you know the original name of the Big red boat II. Our first cruise was
on the Oceanic which I believe was one of the Big Reds. Somehow I think
she's in the med now.

Val Kraut

Hi Val!

The original name of the ship currently laid up in Freeport was
"Eugenio C", built for Costa Crociere.

The "Oceanic" is now owned and operated by Pullmantur Cruises, a
Spanish operator.

Regards,

Raoul Fiebig

E-Mail: firstnameATruderhaus.de

"Das Ruderhaus": http://www.ruderhaus.de/
Old March 14th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Bicepeak

Raoul Fiebig

Do you by any chance have pictures of the Vision of the Sea....I am
particularly interested in the aft section.
Thank,
Sean
Sean