United Airlines to charge $15.00 for award travel

Old August 24th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Dennis G. Rears

Default United Airlines to charge $15.00 for award travel

From an email message they sent to me:

Award Travel Fees will change in mid-October
Please note that effective October 15, 2004, Mileage Plus award tickets,
including Star Alliance® and other Mileage Plus airline partner awards
issued through United Reservations or by any other United ticketing
location, will be assessed a $15 handling fee per ticket at time of
ticketing. The handling fee does not apply to upgrade awards or any awards
booked online at united.com. In addition, United will increase its fee from
$75 to $100 for making changes to award tickets. Visit united.com for more
information.

They are really hurting for revenue I guess.

dennis

Old August 24th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Bob Myers

"Dennis G. Rears" wrote in message

They are really hurting for revenue I guess.

So you book online. I'd rather do that anyway, as
opposed to having to deal with the agent on the phone.

Bob M.

Old August 24th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Dennis G. Rears

"Bob Myers" wrote in message

"Dennis G. Rears" wrote in message

They are really hurting for revenue I guess.

So you book online. I'd rather do that anyway, as
opposed to having to deal with the agent on the phone.

Bob M.

It is excruciating booking on line for supersaver international FC or BC.
The only practical way for these tickets is to use and agent. I guess
complain with value of what I getting for my miles.

dennis

Old August 24th, 2004, 11:38 PM
Bob

"Dennis G. Rears" wrote in news:I2ywoC.3q6
@arl.army.mil:

"Bob Myers" wrote in message

"Dennis G. Rears" wrote in message

They are really hurting for revenue I guess.

So you book online. I'd rather do that anyway, as
opposed to having to deal with the agent on the phone.

Bob M.

It is excruciating booking on line for supersaver international FC or BC.
The only practical way for these tickets is to use and agent. I guess
complain with value of what I getting for my miles.

dennis

Does this apply to non-mileage plus ticket vouchers? For example, I got a
certificate for a free round trip from UA's "Fly 3, get 1 Free" promotion.
If I use this certificate for a ticket in my wife's name, I have to go to a
ticket office to redeem it. It can't be done via mail (I've done this 2x,
no one can explain why it's this way). So will I now have to pay the $15
fee even though there is no on-line option?

Bob

Old August 25th, 2004, 04:23 AM
terry

"Bob Myers" wrote in message

So you book online. I'd rather do that anyway, as
opposed to having to deal with the agent on the phone.

Bob M.

You can't book an open jaw or Star Alliance award online though.