Cabo

Old February 1st, 2007, 12:17 AM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive
Slacker

Default Cabo

I am starting to plan a trip for a large group of friends, 10 to 20,
to Cabo. I would like to stay at an all-inclusive place. Any
recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated. I would like
to stay at a place with no reservations required for dinner, is happy
to serve top shelf liquor, and is located in a decent place so we have
some options for activities. We will have a diverse group, with some
just wanting to chill on the beach all day and party at night, some
scuba divers, some that will want to do some excursions, etc.

Any info would be great.

Regards,

Slacker
Old February 4th, 2007, 05:26 PM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive
Bob Cotter

In article ,
"Slacker" wrote:

I am starting to plan a trip for a large group of friends, 10 to 20,
to Cabo. I would like to stay at an all-inclusive place. Any
recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated. I would like
to stay at a place with no reservations required for dinner, is happy
to serve top shelf liquor, and is located in a decent place so we have
some options for activities. We will have a diverse group, with some
just wanting to chill on the beach all day and party at night, some
scuba divers, some that will want to do some excursions, etc.

With such a diverse group it may be hard to find something that
satisfies everyone.

My wife and I and two other couples just returned from el Presidente in
San Jose del Cabo. I would recommend it to friends to go to and would
definitely visit myself again. It meets your requirement of no limit
reservations for dinner... we had a choice of three restaurants and
visited each twice during our week there. There were "top shelf" liquor
choices available and I sampled some different tequila, but I'm not
knowledgeable enough to know if all the brands available were high
quality... suffice to say, my alcohol palate was satisfied. The option
of having damiana margaritas was a hit with most of our party.

Accomadations were comfortable... we chose the ground level, pool
terrace rooms, and service was excellent.

The nightlife might be an issue for some in your group. Karaoke, Rock
and Roll dancing, and local artisans was not quite the extent of it, but
that was about as exciting as it got. I have heard that for the
excitement enjoyed by the young or the really young at heart, Cabo is a
better spot to go.

We did do a daytrip to Cabo, and what I saw there was not that enticing.
I also spoke to some other folks at the airport and on the bus who had
stayed in Cabo and some of them enjoyed the faster pace of life. For us,
the quieter el Presidente was just fine.

Cheers... Bob

--
If replying by email, please remove the removes.
Visit my home course at http://www.sunshinecoastgolf.com