[Admin] I think it's time to end this group

Old August 15th, 2007, 11:51 PM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive
David E. Bath

Default [Admin] I think it's time to end this group

Traffic is next to nothing nowadays and so even when someone does post
something they get few to no answers. Without useful replies, there is
no reason for this group to continue.

Unless some number of folks object, I'd like to have this group
removed, meaning it will no longer exist.

--
David Bath - Moderator for rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive

Old August 18th, 2007, 03:36 PM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive
Rita Daggett

I'm afraid I have to agree with you, although I will mourn its demise.
Where is everyone going now to find out about all-inclusive holidays?

--
Rita Daggett
(delete nospam for reply)

Old August 18th, 2007, 07:38 PM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive
Nick and Judy

I was just going to reply to the guy that was asking about adult only AI's
in the Cancun area. Secrets Capri just got a rave review from my BIL and his
wife. But you are right. No one post here anymore.

Old August 20th, 2007, 11:55 PM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive
Anonymouse

probably a better solution would be to change it from moderated to
unmoderated.

one reason I'm sure there are so few posts/replies is that it can take
days from when a post is sent to when it appears... and replies can take
days too.

David E. Bath wrote:
Traffic is next to nothing nowadays and so even when someone does post
something they get few to no answers. Without useful replies, there is
no reason for this group to continue.

Unless some number of folks object, I'd like to have this group
removed, meaning it will no longer exist.

--

- Call me ruthless, amoral, but never call me dishonest. -
Old August 21st, 2007, 11:25 PM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive
David E. Bath

In article ,
Anonymouse writes:
probably a better solution would be to change it from moderated to
unmoderated.

Turns out that is quite difficult to do, the powers that be won't
really discuss it because of the difficulty.

Also, this group would become just another travel spam haven like the
other rec.travel groups.

one reason I'm sure there are so few posts/replies is that it can take
days from when a post is sent to when it appears... and replies can take
days too.

A lot of that is my fault as I am the only moderator and my current
job keeps me from moderating except in the evenings and weekends.

Old August 21st, 2007, 11:47 PM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive
[email protected]

Anonymouse wrote:

one reason I'm sure there are so few posts/replies is that it can take
days from when a post is sent to when it appears... and replies can take
days too.

sure hate to se it end tho
Old August 30th, 2007, 12:07 AM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive
cramer

How about each of us sending in a post about their favorite
place. I vote for Club Med Columbus Isle
www.blackpearls.net/columbus.html
http://www.debbiescaribbeanresortrev...s/clubmed.html

Club Med is offering a special now of $1860 for a single
Old September 4th, 2007, 04:44 PM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive
Anonymouse

Default my favorite all inclusive destination

Hi,

while I must say I like Silver-Sands and I'd go back it's not all
inclusive... it's rental villas (including staff) and you pay for food
etc and excursions and stuff...

for AI I'd go back to Couples Negril in a heartbeat.

I tried Couples Ocho Rios but it's to multi-level and I don't like the
higgler level in town.

The only other place that has me paying attention is Sandals Negril...
I've never stayed there but I've got a bud that swears by the sandals
properties and it IS in the middle of the 7 mile beach and as such
should have better sailing.

ttyl

akia

--

- Call me ruthless, amoral, but never call me dishonest. -
Old September 6th, 2007, 11:23 PM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive
G&G

I have to agree with you. Unfortunate tho. We love all-inclusives and wish
this site would get more beneficial posts.
G.