10 day Emerald Princess vs. 14 day Grand Princess

Old May 12th, 2010, 10:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Default 10 day Emerald Princess vs. 14 day Grand Princess

Seehorse Video wrote:
"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Sue Mullen
wrote:

My other question is which of these ports have the best snorkeling?

Emerald Princess - 10 night - Princess Cay, St Thomas, Dominica,
Grenada, Bonaire, Aruba

Grand Princess - 14 night - Aruba, Curacao, Grenada, Barbados, the
Grenadines, St. Kitts, St Thomas, Santo Domingo, Princess Cay

The best of the ports for snorkeling is Bonaire. St.Thomas has some
good places to go snorkeling. And other ports on both itineraries do
have some places to snorkel.

I like both itineraries. I don't think they have added an International
Cafe to the Grand Princess. Since it is their first cruise the ten day
might be best but 14 days sounds good to me!

--
Charles

Hi Charles,

I'm not into snorkeling, but I think I recall tours from St. Tom to St. John
claiming very good snorkeling with easy access. Is this still one of the
better options? I enjoyed St. John.

Harry, St John is still a great place for snorkeling. I am thinking if
our friends want to do St John, I will suggest one of the ships
excursions. Being newbies to cruising I think they would be safer this way.

sue
Old May 12th, 2010, 10:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Jr. wrote:
"Sue Mullen" wrote in message

Jr. wrote:
"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Sue Mullen
wrote:

My other question is which of these ports have the best snorkeling?

Emerald Princess - 10 night - Princess Cay, St Thomas, Dominica,
Grenada, Bonaire, Aruba

Grand Princess - 14 night - Aruba, Curacao, Grenada, Barbados, the
Grenadines, St. Kitts, St Thomas, Santo Domingo, Princess Cay
The best of the ports for snorkeling is Bonaire. St.Thomas has some
good places to go snorkeling. And other ports on both itineraries do
have some places to snorkel.

I like both itineraries. I don't think they have added an International
Cafe to the Grand Princess. Since it is their first cruise the ten day
might be best but 14 days sounds good to me!

--
Charles
You mentioned the 10-day Southern medley on the Emerald. There is also a
10-day Eastern medley that goes to St. Kitts on the Emerald.

Isn't that the itin. that we meet you and Linda on? I think we will leave
them with the 10 day Southern, don't want to confuse them any more.lol

sue

I think so. Linda and I just booked the Southern Medley for January 17th.
Why not come along?

I wish we could join you, but for many reasons it isn't going to work
right now. We plan on moving to Florida by the end of 2011 and need to
spend our money on things around the house before we sell it. The only
cruise untill after we move will be the Oasis.

On top of the moving stuff, we have a destination wedding to attend
early Feb. and I don't even know if we will be able to do that.

Once we move and get settled, it will be a lot easier to see you and Linda.

sue
Old May 12th, 2010, 11:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Seehorse
Video wrote:

I'm not into snorkeling, but I think I recall tours from St. Tom to St. John
claiming very good snorkeling with easy access. Is this still one of the
better options? I enjoyed St. John.

Yes, St. John has good snorkeling. I take the ferry from Red Hook.

--
Charles
Old May 13th, 2010, 05:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jr.[_5_]

"Sue Mullen" wrote in message

Jr. wrote:
"Sue Mullen" wrote in message

Jr. wrote:
"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Sue Mullen
wrote:

[...]

Not interested in the Oasis. Way too big for us.

Old May 13th, 2010, 08:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Jr. wrote:
"Sue Mullen" wrote in message

Jr. wrote:
"Sue Mullen" wrote in message
Jr. wrote:
"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Sue Mullen
wrote:

[...]

It is way too big for me too, but Kevin really wants to try it. Also we
will be cruising with a nice group of friends we have cruised with many
times before.

sue
Old May 13th, 2010, 08:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
Sue Mullen wrote:

It is way too big for me too, but Kevin really wants to try it. Also we
will be cruising with a nice group of friends we have cruised with many
times before.

sue

I'm looking at the Oasis more or less the same way I look at NYC. Way
too big, but still some place I really should visit while I can.

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist
Old May 14th, 2010, 12:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
Sue Mullen wrote:

It is way too big for me too, but Kevin really wants to try it. Also we
will be cruising with a nice group of friends we have cruised with many
times before.

sue

I'm looking at the Oasis more or less the same way I look at NYC. Way
too big, but still some place I really should visit while I can.

Being a New Yorker, now living in NJ, I have been to the real Central
Park many times, so don't need it on a ship.lol The pool areas on the
ship remind me of a pool complex on top of a skyscraper.

sue
Old May 14th, 2010, 01:39 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Kurt
Ullman wrote:

I'm looking at the Oasis more or less the same way I look at NYC. Way
too big, but still some place I really should visit while I can.

When the Voyager class came out I thought it was too big. After I
sailed on it I changed my mind. So I will reserve judgement on Oasis
until I sail on her.

--
Charles
Old May 14th, 2010, 03:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 5/13/10 8:39 PM, Charles wrote:
In articledOudnTHtubqayHHWnZ2dnUVZ_rednZ2d@earthlink .com, Kurt
wrote:

I'm looking at the Oasis more or less the same way I look at NYC. Way
too big, but still some place I really should visit while I can.

When the Voyager class came out I thought it was too big. After I
sailed on it I changed my mind. So I will reserve judgement on Oasis
until I sail on her.

I don't think Voyager class ships are too big, but I do think
Liberty/Freedom require a LOT of walking... they are VERY long. So I
think Oasis will similar. Cabin location is important. Preferably near
an elevator bank. I don't think you want an aft cabin on one of those
ships (or Freedom/Liberty).

--Tom
Old May 14th, 2010, 04:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jeffcoud

Snorkeling I'd pick Bonaire and Dominica first! Very nice --
champagne snorkel in Dominica is very interesting and Klein Bonaire
drift snorkel very good. Underwater sculpture park in Grenada is
creepy/cool/interesting. Worth doing once!

Jeff