Whatever Happened to...

Old December 4th, 2003, 05:43 AM
Ali's Daddie

Default Whatever Happened to...

I am looking for a list of ships. But what I am wanting is ships that have
been sold and renamed. For instance. The Breeze trio that once belonged to
Premier (IslandBreeze, OceanBreeze & SeaBreeze). Tropicale (For some reason
this has to be a top 5 favorite). Viking Serenade etc.

Basically, any website where I can find information about ships no longer
cruising under the same name. Also something that lists ships no longer in
service that have been scrapped. You get the idea ;-)

TIA

--
LES!

Daddie to Alegra Lee. May 25th 2003!
"Daddie's Little Diva"

To send me an email, please remove your hat
YourHatDaddie @ bonbon.net

Old December 4th, 2003, 05:53 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"Ali's Daddie" wrote in message
I am looking for a list of ships. But what I am wanting is ships that have
been sold and renamed. For instance. The Breeze trio that once belonged to
Premier (IslandBreeze, OceanBreeze & SeaBreeze). Tropicale (For some

reason
this has to be a top 5 favorite). Viking Serenade etc.

Basically, any website where I can find information about ships no longer
cruising under the same name. Also something that lists ships no longer in
service that have been scrapped. You get the idea ;-)

Would this be what you are looking for, Les?

http://www.nedcruise.info/eersteeng.htm

--Jean

Old December 4th, 2003, 08:05 AM
a.a.t.

One of the best sites for cruise ship history, not only "what ever
happened to" ....but also photographic essays of many ships now part of
history is at.....www. maritime matters.com....

Angelica

Old December 4th, 2003, 01:10 PM
Thomas E. Parody

For cruise ships that are currently sailing and had former names, go to
http://www.cruiseserver.net/travelpa...ship_names.asp
For ships no longer sailing, go to http://www.lostliners.com/

Old December 4th, 2003, 07:44 PM
Gordon

Big Red Boat II has also been sold to the scrappers. I saw her in Freeport
last week and she had a small crew aboard and they were getting ready for
the trip to Alang. She really looked bad. The Island Breeze is currently
being cut apart on the beaches of Alang. Tropicale was transferred over to
Carnival Corp. owned line Costa and was totally renovated and is now sailing
as the Costa Tropicale.

"CupCaked" wrote in message
"Ali's Daddie" wrote:

I am looking for a list of ships. But what I am wanting is ships that

have
been sold and renamed. For instance. The Breeze trio that once belonged

Premier (IslandBreeze, OceanBreeze & SeaBreeze). Tropicale (For some

reason
this has to be a top 5 favorite). Viking Serenade etc.

Basically, any website where I can find information about ships no longer
cruising under the same name. Also something that lists ships no longer

in
service that have been scrapped. You get the idea ;-)

Sadly, the Sea Breeze sunk several years ago off the eastern coast.
The Rembrandt and the BRB II are in the Bahamas. The Ocean Breeze is
on her way to be scrapped.

First and foremost, if you like to get your information online about
classic ships, the best place is the Liners List
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LinersList/. The database there, as
well as the discussions, photos and topics, are the best anywhere
online. Some of the contributors are world-reknown travel writers,
historians, photographers and experts from all over the world.

For information on the SS NORWAY ex-SS FRANCE, try
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SS_NORWAY/

For information on the SS ROTTERDAM (Premier's REMBRANDT) try
http://www.unofficial.net/hal/

One of the best online references for older ocean liners is Martin
Cox's http://www.maritimematters.com/ with photos by Peter Knego, both
very talented men and, I'm happy to say, friends of mine.

The NORMANDIE is another old favorite (it's one of mine) and there's
an excellent web site devoted to the ship at
http://gnv.fdt.net/~dontje/normandie/nintro.html

If you're in the NY metro area, consider joining the World Ship
Society http://www.worldshipny.com The World Ship Society (Port of
New York Branch) will hold an Ocean Liner Bazaar on Saturday, December
6, 2003 between 10:00 A.M. and 2:00 P.M. The Bazaar will be held at
the Abigail Adams Smith Auditorium located at 421 East 61st Street
between First and York Avenues, Manhattan. Admission will be $5.00
per person accepted at the door.

Another organization that deals with classic liners of the past is the
Steamship Historical Society of America
http://www.sshsa.org/index.html

These are just some highlights to get you started ;-) For more links,
please see http://www.unofficial.net/hal/hlinks.html

Karen, who is proud to call many of these site owners her friends
(including her DH ;-)

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.cupcaked.com/reviews
(...and leave off the "potatoes" to e-mail)

Old December 7th, 2003, 12:42 AM
Peter Gough

I suppose it makes sense to bring these ships to an end, but it saddens me. The
IslandBreeze was the first ship on which my wife and I cruised, in 1999. We
never expected to cruise, but our son was given a contract by Premier and
started in the fall of 1998 on the Canary Islands - Madeira - Casablanca run,
then crossed to Fort Lauderdale and the Western Caribbean run of Key West,
Cozumel, Roatan, Belize. We had the opportunity to cruise at very good rate and
took advantage as we hadn't seen our son for over four months. We knew that the
IslandBreeze was elderly, and had few expectations but were pleasantly surprised
by the whole cruise experience. At the end of this cruise, we walked to the
area where one can watch the ships leave Port Everglades on the next cruise, and
videoed the IslandBreeze departing, followed by the OceanBreeze. In February
2000, our son's employment brought us an even greater experience, a seven-day
Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Rembrandt. We had a lunch visit on the
SeaBreeze, as well as a tour of the ship, in the summer of 2000 while the ship
was at Halifax. Nice memories of these four Premier ships.

Peter Gough