Has this happened to anyone else..? (I know I cannot be the only one...)

Old June 25th, 2005, 06:14 AM
InFlight Service

Default Has this happened to anyone else..? (I know I cannot be the only one...)

Recently, I took an overnighter from CVG to CDG. During the flight, the
young male attendant that waited on my section flirted constantly with
me. About half way though the flight, he asked me to join him in the
back. Since I am a twenty-something female, traveling alone, I knew
better. But to fill my curiosities, I chatted with him in the aisle. He
asked me to join him in the "toilette", but I declined due to the
situation. He made his intentions very clear, but I had to return to my
seat before I could get any info about him. Now, my two questions
are....
1) How often does this happen? (Wouldn't it seem to be a security
concern?)
2) How can I find out his name (I fly alot..and wouldn't mind a French
place to crash when I am in Europe)?

Are crew usually this friendly? Sure would boost ticket sales....

Old June 25th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Rog'

"InFlight Service" wrote:
Recently, I took an overnighter from CVG to CDG. During the flight,
the young male attendant that waited on my section flirted constantly
with me. About half way though the flight, he asked me to join him in
the back. Since I am a twenty-something female, traveling alone, I knew
better. But to fill my curiosities, I chatted with him in the aisle. He
asked
me to join him in the "toilette", but I declined due to the situation.
snip.

Although I've encountered a few friendly flight attendants, this is either
a troll or a skanky poster who, despite lacking any common sense,
somehow managed to find themselves on a plane. =R=

Old June 25th, 2005, 07:37 PM
InFlight Service

Thanks,
But I am neither a troll/bot (I would have said I had sex with the man,
and my website is....)
nor a skank, whore, slut, trash, or whatever you might believe.
This truly happened. Its not an ad to sell flights with AF, nor to get
page hits on some porn site. And as a concerned person, I know that the
implementation of male crew members has been in an effort to up
security (*male physical strength supposedly*), yet when I meet a male
crew member that easily allowed for himself to be distracted, I am
curious as to what precautions need to be taken.
That is why, I am asking a legitimate question (fogive the humorous
tones of my first statement), and in knowing that I am somewhat
inexperienced with the lifestyle of airline crew, I am very curious as
to how an experience like this can make anyone feel safe.

Old June 25th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Rog'

"InFlight Service" wrote:
Thanks,
But I am neither a troll/bot (I would have said I had sex
with the man, and my website is....)
nor a skank, whore, slut, trash, or whatever you might
believe. This truly happened.

My 2 cents: File a complaint with the airline you flew,
listing the flight #, departure+destination, and describe
what happened. You might receive some compensation.
But as a guy, if a female flight attendant hit on me, I'd be
flattered, not offended. =R=

Old June 25th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"InFlight Service" wrote in message
ups.com...
Recently, I took an overnighter from CVG to CDG. During the flight, the
young male attendant that waited on my section flirted constantly with
me. About half way though the flight, he asked me to join him in the
back. Since I am a twenty-something female, traveling alone, I knew
better. But to fill my curiosities, I chatted with him in the aisle. He
asked me to join him in the "toilette", but I declined due to the
situation. He made his intentions very clear, but I had to return to my
seat before I could get any info about him. Now, my two questions
are....
1) How often does this happen? (Wouldn't it seem to be a security
concern?)
2) How can I find out his name (I fly alot..and wouldn't mind a French
place to crash when I am in Europe)?

Are crew usually this friendly? Sure would boost ticket sales....

If it didn't bother you, ignore it. If it did bother you, file a report
with the airline along with your flight info and a physical description of
the FA.

If you enjoyed it and wanted to follow up, you missed your chance...

Old June 25th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Louis Krupp

InFlight Service wrote:
And as a concerned person, I know that the
implementation of male crew members has been in an effort to up
security (*male physical strength supposedly*), yet when I meet a male
crew member that easily allowed for himself to be distracted, I am
curious as to what precautions need to be taken.

Precautions? Just the usual.

Also, male flight attendants have been around for a while.

That is why, I am asking a legitimate question (fogive the humorous
tones of my first statement), and in knowing that I am somewhat
inexperienced with the lifestyle of airline crew, I am very curious as
to how an experience like this can make anyone feel safe.

My guess is that if he'd been interested in offering you companionship
and a place to crash in France, he would have said so. The fact that he
wanted you to join him in "la toilette" should tell you something.

Louis Krupp
(no, this has never happened to me)
Old June 25th, 2005, 11:36 PM
mrtravel

InFlight Service wrote:
Thanks,
But I am neither a troll/bot (I would have said I had sex with the man,
and my website is....)
nor a skank, whore, slut, trash, or whatever you might believe.
This truly happened. Its not an ad to sell flights with AF, nor to get
page hits on some porn site. And as a concerned person, I know that the
implementation of male crew members has been in an effort to up
security (*male physical strength supposedly*), yet when I meet a male
crew member that easily allowed for himself to be distracted, I am
curious as to what precautions need to be taken.

Males have been FA's for many years, so they weren't just implemented
for security. I am not sure what security problem there would be if a
flight attendants was "with" a passenger in the lav. It's not like they
are letting the passenger into the cockpit.
Old June 26th, 2005, 06:38 AM
-L.

InFlight Service wrote:
Thanks,
But I am neither a troll/bot (I would have said I had sex with the man,
and my website is....)
nor a skank, whore, slut, trash, or whatever you might believe.
This truly happened. Its not an ad to sell flights with AF, nor to get
page hits on some porn site. And as a concerned person, I know that the
implementation of male crew members has been in an effort to up
security (*male physical strength supposedly*), yet when I meet a male
crew member that easily allowed for himself to be distracted, I am
curious as to what precautions need to be taken.
That is why, I am asking a legitimate question (fogive the humorous
tones of my first statement), and in knowing that I am somewhat
inexperienced with the lifestyle of airline crew, I am very curious as
to how an experience like this can make anyone feel safe.

It was unprofessional and inappropriate behavior and should have been
reported immediately when you landed. Don't be flattered. Any guy who
asks you to have sex in a toilet is likely to stick his schwanz in
anything willing.

You do know, don't you, that the rampant spread of HIV in the late 70's
and 80's in the gay population was linked to one lone, promiscuous
flight attendant....?

-L.

Old June 26th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Han

You are so kind woman that you just allow some exceptional behavior.
The guy is partly successful. Possibly, he can now searh next woman in
the next flight. A French novelist said that excessive goodness is just
evil.

Old June 26th, 2005, 03:12 PM
InFlight Service

You are right, and I agree.
But, since I am a "kid" (young) I am somewhat naive to the goodness in
people.

And, I was unaware of that fact about the spread of HIV.

Really glad that I didn't do anything with the man, but now wishing I
had done something to report it when I arrived in Paris.

Plus, now I have to deal with the fact that the same airline "lost" my
luggage on my return flight to the states.

Wonder if the missing baggage full of my dirty underwear and the
attendant have anything to do with each other (*noted sarcasm- just a
joke*)