Grandeur of the Seas to Bermuda

Old October 23rd, 2008, 04:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

Default Grandeur of the Seas to Bermuda

My brother-in-law called last night to tell us about their cruise to Grandeur of
the Seas. He said he read my Cruise Critic review of our cruise on her and that
I was right. He had an inside stateroom (as a retired armed forces person he
got a reduced rate and took what they gave him), and he said it was the smallest
stateroom that he'd seen in 27 cruises, and that the shower was so small that if
you moved the curtain would stick to you. He said a lot of the people on the
ship were bigger than he is, and he didn't see how they managed.

He said they did the caves. (Crystal Cave I think). I haven't made it there
yet. He had never been to the BAMZ and didn't think they would want to go when
there is the National Aquarium right in Baltimore. But I have to say - the BAMZ
has evolved - it's not the same today as it was in 1964 when we first went, or
even in 1995.

Old October 23rd, 2008, 03:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 10/22/2008 11:01 PM Rosalie B. did a "happy dance", then made these
writings:
[...]

What is BAMZ? Is it an airport code? Baltimore's Alcohol Mescaline Zone?

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old October 23rd, 2008, 03:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
number6

On Oct 23, 10:50*am, Brian K wrote:
[...]

http://www.acronymfinder.com/BAMZ.html

Baltimore Aquarium Museum Zoo would be my guess ...
I would hope Brad Angelina Maddox and Zahara was not what was
meant ...

Old October 23rd, 2008, 07:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

"SJF" wrote:

What is BAMZ? Is it an airport code? Baltimore's Alcohol Mescaline Zone?

Sorry - we discussed this at length in another thread - it is the Bermuda
Aquarium, Museum and Zoo.

Old October 23rd, 2008, 09:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Rosalie:
We sailed granduer of the seas 4 times,and never had any problems with
our inside stateroom,yes they are small,but not as tiny as the ones on
the empress. The inside cabins are the same size as the ocean
view,except they have no window.
When we find another good cruise on the GOTS we will be sure to go.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old October 23rd, 2008, 10:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

(Surfer E2468) wrote:

Rosalie:
We sailed granduer of the seas 4 times,and never had any problems with
our inside stateroom,yes they are small,but not as tiny as the ones on
the empress. The inside cabins are the same size as the ocean
view,except they have no window.
When we find another good cruise on the GOTS we will be sure to go.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

It was my BIL that had a problem with the size of the room. Our problem was not
so much the size, but that with the beds together to make a queen/double bed, we
could not get out from one side of the bed around between the cabinet with the
TV without climbing over the end of the bed There just was no clearance. If
you had twin beds it would not be a problem. Also the beds were too low for us
to put our suitcases under it and they had to go in the closet. I have not had
that problem with any other ship. I didn't really have a problem with the
bathrooms myself, but they were very compact.

I like GOTS the absolute LEAST of any ship I've been on. Note I said I LIKED it
the least - not that I hated it. Bob hated it - mostly because he felt the ship
had too many people on it, and wasn't well run. I just didn't care for it that
much. I found the decor depressing, and I agreed that it wasn't very well run.
All kinds of little things were just annoyingly not right. So if I went on GOTS
it would have to be without Bob. Probably won't happen unless I take one of my
grandkids instead.

Old October 23rd, 2008, 11:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
number6

On Oct 23, 4:35*pm, Rosalie B. wrote:
(Surfer E2468) wrote:

I like GOTS the absolute LEAST of any ship I've been on. *Note I said I LIKED it
the least - not that I hated it. *Bob hated it - mostly because he felt the ship
had too many people on it, and wasn't well run. *I just didn't care for it that
much. *I found the decor depressing, and I agreed that it wasn't very well run.
All kinds of little things were just annoyingly not right. *So if I went on GOTS
it would have to be without Bob. *Probably won't happen unless I take one of my
grandkids instead.

There is a trade off as to room sizes and public spaces ...All mass
market ships have roughly the same tonnage per passenger ratio ...
GOTS with all the extra public areas like the skating rink ... has to
shortcut space somewhere else ...
I'm not into these ships ... too many people yes ... but there should
be plenty of public space to put them all ...

Old October 24th, 2008, 12:17 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article
,
number6 wrote:

GOTS with all the extra public areas like the skating rink ... has to
shortcut space somewhere else ...

Grandeur of the Seas does not have a skating rink. It is not one of the
Voyager class and beyond.

I have been in an inside stateroom on that ship. It is a typical size
inside stateroom. And anyone booking the cheapest category room on any
mass market ship should expect to have a smaller room size. If you want
more room then one should book and pay for a higher category.

--
Charles
Old October 24th, 2008, 12:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
James

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article
,
number6 wrote:

GOTS with all the extra public areas like the skating rink ... has to
shortcut space somewhere else ...

Grandeur of the Seas does not have a skating rink. It is not one of the
Voyager class and beyond.

--

Charles

Wow, 6 can't you get anything right? Your getting your ass handed to you
first by Ray now by Charles... Get a clue...