Arizona

Old April 24th, 2010, 11:29 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
STAR

Default Arizona

This is obviously not a cruise question but regarding driving a rental
car from the Phoenix Airport to Sedona on July 2 for a week at an
RCI. How difficult/easy would this be? Would there be only desert
between the 2 destinations? One of us is having reservations
regarding the terrain and heat and I guess reliability of the rental
car in the extreme heat....I've been to AZ twice in the fall but never
in the summer. I wasn't giving this a second thought until my travel
buddy started to get anxious. Thanks.
Old April 24th, 2010, 05:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Seehorse Video

"STAR" wrote in message
This is obviously not a cruise question but regarding driving a rental
car from the Phoenix Airport to Sedona on July 2 for a week at an
RCI. How difficult/easy would this be? Would there be only desert
between the 2 destinations? One of us is having reservations
regarding the terrain and heat and I guess reliability of the rental
car in the extreme heat....I've been to AZ twice in the fall but never
in the summer. I wasn't giving this a second thought until my travel
buddy started to get anxious. Thanks.

You will exit the airport onto the Interstate and head North (uphill) to
Sedona. Don't sweat the heat, just enjoy the scenery. The altitude is
above 3,000 feet and that lowers the temp some. If you get too hot, drive
North another 30 minutes or so to Flagstaff and stand in snow.

Have fun,

Harry Cooper

Old April 26th, 2010, 12:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 03:29:37 -0700 (PDT), STAR
wrote:

This is obviously not a cruise question but regarding driving a rental
car from the Phoenix Airport to Sedona on July 2 for a week at an
RCI. How difficult/easy would this be? Would there be only desert
between the 2 destinations? One of us is having reservations
regarding the terrain and heat and I guess reliability of the rental
car in the extreme heat....I've been to AZ twice in the fall but never
in the summer. I wasn't giving this a second thought until my travel
buddy started to get anxious. Thanks.

It's less than a 2 hour drive mostly on an interstate highway with a
high speed limit.
Old April 30th, 2010, 04:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
PDDeen

wrote:
This is obviously not a cruise question but regarding driving a rental
car from the Phoenix Airport to Sedona on July 2 for a week at an
RCI. *How difficult/easy would this be? *Would there be only desert
between the 2 destinations? *One of us is having reservations
regarding the terrain and heat and I guess reliability of the rental
car in the extreme heat....I've been to AZ twice in the fall but never
in the summer. *I wasn't giving this a second thought until my travel
buddy started to get anxious. *Thanks.

It's less than a 2 hour drive mostly on an interstate highway with a
high speed limit.

And, while in the area, go to Jerome. Neat old mining town.

PDeen
Old May 1st, 2010, 01:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

wrote:
This is obviously not a cruise question but regarding driving a rental
car from the Phoenix Airport to Sedona on July 2 for a week at an
RCI. *How difficult/easy would this be? *Would there be only desert
between the 2 destinations? *One of us is having reservations
regarding the terrain and heat and I guess reliability of the rental
car in the extreme heat....I've been to AZ twice in the fall but never
in the summer. *I wasn't giving this a second thought until my travel
buddy started to get anxious. *Thanks.

It's less than a 2 hour drive mostly on an interstate highway with a
high speed limit.

And, while in the area, go to Jerome. Neat old mining town.

PDeen

It was an interesting place.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 02:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
STAR

wrote:
This is obviously not a cruise question but regarding driving a rental
car from the Phoenix Airport to Sedona on July 2 for a week at an
RCI. *How difficult/easy would this be? *Would there be only desert
between the 2 destinations? *One of us is having reservations
regarding the terrain and heat and I guess reliability of the rental
car in the extreme heat....I've been to AZ twice in the fall but never
in the summer. *I wasn't giving this a second thought until my travel
buddy started to get anxious. *Thanks.

It's less than a 2 hour drive mostly on an interstate highway with a
high speed limit.

And, while in the area, go to Jerome. Neat old mining town.

PDeen

It was an interesting place.- Hide quoted text -

I will look up Jerome and thanks for all the help, I'm now in humid
Florida....
Old May 2nd, 2010, 07:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

wrote:
This is obviously not a cruise question but regarding driving a rental
car from the Phoenix Airport to Sedona on July 2 for a week at an
RCI. How difficult/easy would this be? Would there be only desert
between the 2 destinations? One of us is having reservations
regarding the terrain and heat and I guess reliability of the rental
car in the extreme heat....I've been to AZ twice in the fall but never
in the summer. I wasn't giving this a second thought until my travel
buddy started to get anxious. Thanks.

It's less than a 2 hour drive mostly on an interstate highway with a
high speed limit.

And, while in the area, go to Jerome. Neat old mining town.

PDeen

But be prepared for the winding drive up to the top! It was worse for me
going up as I was on the passenger side; at least coming down we could hug
the mountain! To me it was a mini short version of Highway 1 in California!
However, you will find Arizona beautiful with its unusual terrain... you
will be fine ...the only time we worried about the heat and desert was when
we went to Death Valley! Have fun and enjoy it!

--Jean

Old May 4th, 2010, 02:05 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
94 Proof

walk their

Old May 6th, 2010, 06:22 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake "Seehorse Video" :

"STAR" wrote in message
This is obviously not a cruise question but regarding driving a rental
car from the Phoenix Airport to Sedona on July 2 for a week at an
RCI. How difficult/easy would this be? Would there be only desert
between the 2 destinations? One of us is having reservations
regarding the terrain and heat and I guess reliability of the rental
car in the extreme heat....I've been to AZ twice in the fall but never
in the summer. I wasn't giving this a second thought until my travel
buddy started to get anxious. Thanks.

You will exit the airport onto the Interstate and head North (uphill) to
Sedona. Don't sweat the heat, just enjoy the scenery. The altitude is
above 3,000 feet and that lowers the temp some. If you get too hot, drive
North another 30 minutes or so to Flagstaff and stand in snow.

Have fun,

Harry Cooper

The wonderful thing about high desert is sunset.

My first visit to Phoenix was in late May. Highs were already
hoverring about 100F. The first night we settled down at a restaurant
in the patio and they started rolling out those propane powered
heaters. About 10 minutes after sunset it was cool enough that we
were grateful for the heater. And regretted the shorts and short
sleeved shirts.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

The RMS Titanic sank on April 15th.