The Airlines, Checked Baggage fees and ....

Old April 11th, 2010, 04:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

Default The Airlines, Checked Baggage fees and ....

April 30 I will be flying EWR to FLL (Newark to Ft. Lauderdale) for a
cruise. My agent booked me on Continental. I have read several threads
with global generalizatins of 'the airlines this and the airlines
that' I confess that I haven't read every thread dealing with the
subject. Ok maybe because I've been busy doing volunteer work at the
rescue shelter I haven't any first hand knowledge yet. But the ever
expanding Kiristie Alley in the room wants to know "Which airlines, what
and how much?"

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

View My Web Pages: http://home.earthlink.net/~brian1951
My Shutterfly Page http://photosbybrianmk.shutterfly.com/

Old April 11th, 2010, 05:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 23:49:44 -0400, Brian K
wrote:

April 30 I will be flying EWR to FLL (Newark to Ft. Lauderdale) for a
cruise. My agent booked me on Continental. I have read several threads
with global generalizatins of 'the airlines this and the airlines
that' I confess that I haven't read every thread dealing with the
subject. Ok maybe because I've been busy doing volunteer work at the
rescue shelter I haven't any first hand knowledge yet. But the ever
expanding Kiristie Alley in the room wants to know "Which airlines, what
and how much?"

Are you asking which airline plans to charge for carry-ons? Spirit
Airlines. $45. See

http://www.marke****ch.com/story/spi...ags-2010-04-06

Old April 11th, 2010, 06:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

wrote:

April 30 I will be flying EWR to FLL (Newark to Ft. Lauderdale) for a
cruise. My agent booked me on Continental. I have read several threads
with global generalizatins of 'the airlines this and the airlines
that' I confess that I haven't read every thread dealing with the
subject. Ok maybe because I've been busy doing volunteer work at the
rescue shelter I haven't any first hand knowledge yet. But the ever
expanding Kiristie Alley in the room wants to know "Which airlines, what
and how much?"

Are you asking which airline plans to charge for carry-ons? Spirit
Airlines. $45. See

http://www.marke****ch.com/story/spi...ags-2010-04-06

Also Brian, since you are flying on Continental, why not look at their
websites to find out what their baggage fees are.

sue
Old April 11th, 2010, 06:36 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RayC[_2_]

Brian K wrote:
April 30 I will be flying EWR to FLL (Newark to Ft. Lauderdale) for a
cruise. My agent booked me on Continental. I have read several threads
with global generalizatins of 'the airlines this and the airlines
that' I confess that I haven't read every thread dealing with the
subject. Ok maybe because I've been busy doing volunteer work at the
rescue shelter I haven't any first hand knowledge yet. But the ever
expanding Kiristie Alley in the room wants to know "Which airlines, what
and how much?"

$25 for the first bag and $35 for the second bag. The maximum weight is
50 pounds each. You can also save money by paying the bag fees online.
Of course, if you are an elite member or are flying first class, there
are no bag fees.

Now if you hadn't so busy staring at naked hobos you could have looked
that up yourself! ;-p

--

Ray
=======================
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Sue Mullen
wrote:

Also Brian, since you are flying on Continental, why not look at their
websites to find out what their baggage fees are.

That would be too easy.....

--
Charles
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Brian K
wrote:

My agent booked me on Continental. I have read several threads
with global generalizatins of 'the airlines this and the airlines
that' I confess that I haven't read every thread dealing with the
subject.

I guess it would be too hard for you to check the Continental web site.
Or with the agent who booked you on Continental.

--
Charles
Old April 11th, 2010, 02:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 4/11/10 7:36 AM, Charles wrote:
In , Sue Mullen
wrote:

Also Brian, since you are flying on Continental, why not look at their
websites to find out what their baggage fees are.

That would be too easy.....

Actually, he could have asked his sister (she's his TA)... but then we
wouldn't have had the thread to discuss. Probably more fun to discuss
it here than if he had just asked her.

--Tom
Old April 11th, 2010, 03:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Tom K
wrote:

Actually, he could have asked his sister (she's his TA)... but then we
wouldn't have had the thread to discuss. Probably more fun to discuss
it here than if he had just asked her.

With baggage fees and carry on policy it is pretty much a necessity to
check the airlines web site or ones travel agent if they booked it
rather than discuss since every airline has their own policies and last
months policy and fee may not be next months policy and fees. Plus some
fees are less if you prepay them online rather than waiting until you
get to the airport and check your bag. Then there is the allowed size
of the carry on bag. No standard size. And even on the same airline
there might be a difference between domestic flights and international
flights. International flights might not have a bag fee but the carry
on bags might have to be smaller. So in Brian's case his flight to
Florida might have a different policy than his return flight from
Europe even if it is on the same airline.

Also since it sounds like from his questions that he might not have
been on a flight for ten years he might want to review the TSA policy
on liquids in carry on bags.

--
Charles
Old April 11th, 2010, 03:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Goodluck on your flight on continental,we booked with them once and boy
did they ever jerk us around,kept changing flights,and even had us put
on an am trak for a lap of our trip,thanks to someone in carolina they
were good enough to book us on u s air for the last lap home.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old April 11th, 2010, 04:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Surfer
E2468 wrote:

Goodluck on your flight on continental,we booked with them once and boy
did they ever jerk us around,kept changing flights,and even had us put
on an am trak for a lap of our trip,thanks to someone in carolina they
were good enough to book us on u s air for the last lap home.

Continental is one of the better airlines......course that might say
more about how bad the rest of them are.

--
Charles