Things Obama has done

Old May 2nd, 2010, 02:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

Default Things Obama has done-Jean

In article ,
peter wrote:

I thought he was a Democrat and that Democrats are the tax and spend people.
But now you're telling us only 25% of your income is taxed? You really
should love this guy. In Canada and just about every other western country
the tax is imposed on your entire income.

So, Canada and the other countries have 100% marginal tax rates.
Who knew?

--
I get off on '57 Chevys
I get off on screamin' guitars
Old May 2nd, 2010, 05:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

Default Things Obama has done

"Thumper" wrote in message
LOL! How about???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4-AKcH3eC8

and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap2Cg_FDRy4&NR=1

Like him or not, President Bush KNEW how many states were in the country
of
which he was president, too!

Increased spending by $3.52 Trillion in one and a half years...more than
ALL
43 presidents together spent who have served before him.
Reduced revenue by 14.9%
Increased Federal spending by 18%, or $536 billion.
This means that one of every four dollars produced by the sweat of
American private labor is now taxed and redistributed by 535 men and
women in Congress, controlled and led by Obama.
Used scare tactics that unemployment would go above 8% if the stimulus
package was not passed...guess what? It passed and we are at 9.7 %
unemployment, with it as high as 12% in some states!
Hope and change you can believe in. Sure!

You're really an ass.
Thumper

Your vocabulary bespeaks your intelligence and character...They say when one
can't give an intelligent response, one uses calling names. The links that
I included actually were excerpts of Obama's speeches...in other
words...facts. Hard to face the truth, eh?
--Jean

--Jean

Old May 2nd, 2010, 09:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
peter wrote:

Here's what was originally was written and conveniently left out by you:
"This means that one of every four dollars produced by the sweat of American
private labor is now taxed". Do you understand the difference between that
and your "every four dollars [is] paid in taxes"? Did you ever file a
return? Do you know the difference between taxable income and taxes due?

Yep, which why I interpreted it correctly as one out of every 4
dollars winds up being paid in taxes. Really didn't see how you could
have interpreted it differently. Still don't, although it is obvious
(now) that you did.

Too subtle? You're mixing up the income on which the tax is imposed and the
tax itself. The whole point is way above your head.

Not really.

Old May 4th, 2010, 02:57 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

On Sat, 1 May 2010 20:50:26 -0400, "Briggs"
wrote:

"Brian" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 07:40:58 -0400, "Briggs"
wrote:

Yes there is just so much material there.

You should appreciate these then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9hZpJp7U3Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4-AKcH3eC8

Opened it, read the title....said, "Stupid crap...." No way you can compare
the cloddy speaking style of Bush to the oratory skill of Obama. It's funny
how you Obama haters grasp at anything to "get even." HAHAHAHA

Did you watch it? Obama sure doesn't look like the genius he is made
out to be.
Or are you afraid to see what he really is?
Old May 4th, 2010, 03:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

On Sat, 01 May 2010 23:55:42 -0400, Tom K
wrote:

At least one president was able to TRY to bring the US into the 21st
century as far as Health Care Reform. Despite the objections of half
the country (who either have jobs and health insurance, Medicare, or
have simply been brainwashed) and obviously don't care about anyone else
but themselves. And sure we got a "half a loaf" since we didn't get the
"National Plan"... but the insurance companies made sure that didn't
happen...

I think it's unconscionable that a company like "WellPoint (the largest
health plan company in the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association) was
using a computer algorithm that automatically targeted ... every ...
policyholder recently diagnosed with breast cancer. The software
triggered an immediate fraud investigation, as the company searched for
some pretext to drop their policies, according to government regulators
and investigators."

Shame on you people who defend the current system when things like that
are allowed to happen.

People say they're worried that when we get 65 that there won't be any
money to give us good medical service.... but quite honestly, I can't
afford to wait till I'm 65 if I'm out of work now.

That's like being worried about what I'm going to eat when I'm 65, if
I'm starving today...

It's the 21st century people.

How ironic that the same people who are worried about the birth of every
child... the very next moment want to deny that child universal health
care...

So what do you think of the half trillion dollars that probably will
never actually be cut from Medicare but, even if it is, has been used
twice in budgeting?
Old May 4th, 2010, 12:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Thumper

wrote:

[...]

You should stop getting your info from the right wing talking heads.
It makes you say stupid things.
Thumper
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Briggs

wrote:

Yes there is just so much material there.

You should appreciate these then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9hZpJp7U3Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4-AKcH3eC8

Opened it, read the title....said, "Stupid crap...." No way you can
compare
the cloddy speaking style of Bush to the oratory skill of Obama. It's
funny
how you Obama haters grasp at anything to "get even." HAHAHAHA

Did you watch it? Obama sure doesn't look like the genius he is made
out to be.
Or are you afraid to see what he really is?

Shakin' in my boots....right. How ignorant you are that you have to fall for
this silly made up crap (with an obvious tea partyer choosing the sound
track excerpts from "Carmina Burana" look it up) instead of listening to
him actually speak and watching what he does. Better go now. Your tea is
getting cold.

Old May 4th, 2010, 11:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Briggs

Default Things Obama has done-Wilf

"Carolyn G" wrote in message
Well, here's one Yank who knows Bush was a terrible representative of
this country and fully understood our allies shunning him.
Barack Obama knows how to win back the respect this country has always
been held in.

Agree 100%

Old May 5th, 2010, 01:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

On Tue, 4 May 2010 18:14:50 -0400, "Briggs"
wrote:

Shakin' in my boots....right. How ignorant you are that you have to fall for
this silly made up crap (with an obvious tea partyer choosing the sound
track excerpts from "Carmina Burana" look it up) instead of listening to
him actually speak and watching what he does. Better go now. Your tea is
getting cold.

You are disputing that these clips are even real? How blind are you?
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:30 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

On Tue, 04 May 2010 07:09:34 -0400, Thumper
wrote:

You should stop getting your info from the right wing talking heads.
It makes you say stupid things.
Thumper

Why don't you and other liberals actually answer the question? Obama
couldn't. And the chief actuary for Medicare doesn't think the
argument is false.