Things Obama has done

Old May 5th, 2010, 02:58 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Default Things Obama has done

On 5/4/10 8:30 PM, Brian wrote:
On Tue, 04 May 2010 07:09:34 -0400,
wrote:

You should stop getting your info from the right wing talking heads.
It makes you say stupid things.
Thumper

Why don't you and other liberals actually answer the question? Obama
couldn't. And the chief actuary for Medicare doesn't think the
argument is false.

Medicare was also put in by Democrats, and now it's beloved (as is
Social Security). In the coming years, this will go on to be another
victory by the Democrats for the American citizens.

20 years from now, Obama will be regarded as the president who brought
us into the 21st century as far as health care (though we're still far
behind countries like Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Australia, Ireland,
Japan)... but hey, it's a start...

While Bush will be regarded as the president who gave us the banking,
Wall Street, and home ownership meltdowns.

Like people who were around when Social Security and Medicare were
signed into law, we're living in a time of historical significance for
the American People.

But for those of you who hate the idea... Medicare and Social Security
were hated by the Republicans back then as well... so you're in good
company.
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
Tom K wrote:

Medicare was also put in by Democrats, and now it's beloved (as is
Social Security). In the coming years, this will go on to be another
victory by the Democrats for the American citizens.

And both are going bankrupt (already are according to GAAP
accounting methods if you want to get really skeptical). My concern is
that health care will follow MCare's general outline of increasing
benefits without increasing taxes, premiums, whatever you want to call
it.

20 years from now, Obama will be regarded as the president who brought
us into the 21st century as far as health care (though we're still far
behind countries like Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Australia, Ireland,
Japan)... but hey, it's a start...

Or bankrupted us. Wrong implementation.

Like people who were around when Social Security and Medicare were
signed into law, we're living in a time of historical significance for
the American People.

Yeah, but good or bad is yet to be seen.

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist
Old May 5th, 2010, 08:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Thumper

On Tue, 04 May 2010 20:30:05 -0400, Brian
wrote:

On Tue, 04 May 2010 07:09:34 -0400, Thumper
wrote:

You should stop getting your info from the right wing talking heads.
It makes you say stupid things.
Thumper

Why don't you and other liberals actually answer the question? Obama
couldn't. And the chief actuary for Medicare doesn't think the
argument is false.

Bye Dodo.
Thumper
Old May 6th, 2010, 03:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

wrote:

You should stop getting your info from the right wing talking heads.
It makes you say stupid things.
Thumper

Why don't you and other liberals actually answer the question? Obama
couldn't. And the chief actuary for Medicare doesn't think the
argument is false.

Bye Dodo.
Thumper

Oh good. I won't have to listen to your drivel. I knew asking you to
actually defend your statements was an impossibility for you.
Old May 6th, 2010, 03:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

wrote:

You should stop getting your info from the right wing talking heads.
It makes you say stupid things.
Thumper

Why don't you and other liberals actually answer the question? Obama
couldn't. And the chief actuary for Medicare doesn't think the
argument is false.

Medicare was also put in by Democrats, and now it's beloved (as is
Social Security). In the coming years, this will go on to be another
victory by the Democrats for the American citizens.

So it sounds like you are saying that no matter how deceptive and
deceitful the process was and no matter if it is fiscally unsound,
since the goal is admirable to you, nothing else matters.
Look at what is happening in Greece as an example of where the U.S.
will be using the same accounting procedures.