Hawaii Resort Recommendations

Old March 14th, 2004, 05:44 AM
Daniel Barton

Default Hawaii Resort Recommendations

I'm looking for some recommendations for a reasonably
priced resort in Hawaii (big island). I really like
the Hilton Waikoloa Village, but haven't seen any rates
less than $200 per night.

What we're looking for is a nice resort on a swimmable
beach with swimming pool, jacuzzis and decent restaurants.
I'd also prefer it be on the Kona side but that isn't a
requirement.

I previously stayed at the Royal Kona and thought it was
fine, my only complaint is that it didn't have a swimmable
beach at the resort.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks, Daniel

| |
Old March 14th, 2004, 08:54 AM
alohacyberian

"Daniel Barton" wrote in message
I'm looking for some recommendations for a reasonably
priced resort in Hawaii (big island). I really like
the Hilton Waikoloa Village, but haven't seen any rates
less than $200 per night.

What we're looking for is a nice resort on a swimmable
beach with swimming pool, jacuzzis and decent restaurants.
I'd also prefer it be on the Kona side but that isn't a
requirement.

I previously stayed at the Royal Kona and thought it was
fine, my only complaint is that it didn't have a swimmable
beach at the resort.

You are invited to visit my Big Island of Hawaii webpage where there are
links to bed and breakfast location, off the beaten track accommodations and
other useful information for the visitor at:
http://keith.martin.home.att.net/page9B.html - where you'll find no pop-ups,
no advertising, no cookies and nothing for sale. Bon voyage. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old March 14th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Stefan Patric

On Saturday 13 March 2004 09:44 pm, Daniel Barton wrote:

I'm looking for some recommendations for a reasonably
priced resort in Hawaii (big island). I really like
the Hilton Waikoloa Village, but haven't seen any rates
less than $200 per night.

What we're looking for is a nice resort on a swimmable
beach with swimming pool, jacuzzis and decent restaurants.
I'd also prefer it be on the Kona side but that isn't a
requirement.

I previously stayed at the Royal Kona and thought it was
fine, my only complaint is that it didn't have a swimmable
beach at the resort.

Any ideas are welcome.

For great prices on packaged tours, check out www.pleasantholidays.com
You might be able to get a great deal for the Hilton Waikoloa.
Although I found it to be just too big with too many people to be
relaxing.

For an "economy" place with beach, swimming pool, and other amenities
right in Kailua-Kona take a look at the King Kamehameha Kona Beach
Hotel (www.konabeachhotel.com). This is where my girl friend, who is
from the Big Island, stays when she goes back to visit family and to
"...get back on Hawaiian time."

--
Stefan Patric

Old May 23rd, 2004, 05:40 PM
Edward Bertsch

read flyertalk.com people have had good luck with priceline stays in the
waikoloa area

check the hilton.com and marriott.com web sites too (they each have resorts
at waikoloa) there may be web-only special prices.

be sure to put in whether you are a AAA member or have some other
affiliation that could get you a discount.

finally call the properties directly, they may have unadvertised specials
they can tell you about - something coming up that hasn't been announced
yet, etc.

if you have friends who live in hawaii, ask them to arrange a "kama ina" or
whatever it's called (locals price) discount room rate.