Cunard to Move Operations to CA

Old July 26th, 2004, 11:59 PM
Debra Schroeder, MCC

Default Cunard to Move Operations to CA

wasn't sure if Ray has posted this or not yet...

From a letter mailed to the TA community:

"Effective September 30, 2004, the Miami-based Cunard Line organization will
commence relocation to Valencia, California, to be alongside the Princess
organization. This move provides us the opportunity to utilize the
significant resources of one of our sister companies, allows us to operate
more efficiently and positions us very positively for future growth,
including QUEEN VICTORIA.

Cunard Line will remain an independent brand with its own luxury product
delivered on board the QUEEN M ARY 2 and QUEEN ELIZABETH 2. Your clients
will not experience any change to our shipboard services as a result of this
change, and all customer services, marketing and sales activities will
remain dedicated Cunard Line functions based in Valencia."

--
Debbie Schroeder, MCC
Days Off Travel

Old July 27th, 2004, 01:32 AM
Ray Goldenberg

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:59:23 -0700, "Debra Schroeder, MCC"
wrote:

wasn't sure if Ray has posted this or not yet...

Hi Debbie,

Yes, I posted it but certainly no harm in posting again.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old July 27th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Ray L. Nutz

what a difference 7 years make Lee, in 1997 Cunard was not even owned by
Carnival yet.
check date on that post.

"Lee Lindquist" wrote in message

"Effective September 30, 2004, the Miami-based Cunard Line organization

will
commence relocation to Valencia, California, to be alongside the Princess
organization. This move provides us the opportunity to utilize the

Gee, I was sure I had previously read:

"This marks a new era for Cunard. Dade County, Miami, offers us some
excellent benefits, both for our ships to visit and as a location for
our global headquarters. In short, the County provides an ideal
environment for Cunard to grow and develop in the future and for our
passengers to benefit from the excellent facilities that the Miami
area has to offer. "

http://www.google.com/groups?selm=34...ut put=gplain

--
- Lee

Old July 27th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:36:21 -0400, "Ray L. Nutz"
wrote:

what a difference 7 years make Lee, in 1997 Cunard was not even owned by
Carnival yet.
check date on that post.

Hi,

Yes, it does make a difference. One has to wonder what would have
become of Cunard if the Carnival Corporation had not rescued the
company.